Nokia 3100 Question

Last response: in Brands
July 27, 2004 2:04:09 AM

Hi,

I just bought a Nokia 3100 from Fido and I would like to know what's the
trick to replace the "Fido" word in the middle of the screen by the word
of my choice.

What's the secret trick?

More about : nokia 3100 question

Anonymous
July 28, 2004 10:04:29 AM

"Franken Stein" <franken@stein.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I just bought a Nokia 3100 from Fido and I would like to know what's the
> trick to replace the "Fido" word in the middle of the screen by the word
> of my choice.
>
> What's the secret trick?

I'm thinking about getting the 3100 as well , Can you tell me what you think
of it. Thanks
July 28, 2004 5:26:01 PM

"Franken Stein" <franken@stein.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I just bought a Nokia 3100 from Fido and I would like to know what's the
> trick to replace the "Fido" word in the middle of the screen by the word
> of my choice.
>
> What's the secret trick?

Not sure, but I'm guessing that 'Fido' is an 'Operator Logo'. There are many
many websites and companies that will let you change this. Some will let you
costomise it with a word or words of your choice. But you will probably have
to pay a couple of quid.

You could start looking here:

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-...

If anyone knows how to do this for free, I'm more than happy to stand
corrected...

ChrisM.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
July 28, 2004 11:03:10 PM

In article <410741ec@news.comindico.com.au>,
"mickerob" <mickerobb@icqmail.com> wrote:

> I'm thinking about getting the 3100 as well , Can you tell me what you think
> of it. Thanks
---------------

I've only been using it for a couple of days, but I can give you my
initial impressions.

One of the reasons why I got the 3100 is that I know Nokia phones and
I've had good experiences with them. I owned a 6188 and a 7190. I always
had good reception and I always found the phones to be reliable in
general. I always liked the menus, too.

I say the same thing about the 3100. The reception is great, people tell
me that they hear me very well on the other end, and the screen is
sharp. The menus are the standard Nokia menus, which is good in my
opinion.

I find the handset a little small for my hand but that's my criticism
towards most cell phones today and in any case, it is very discreet when
I put it in the leather case and clip it to my belt.

I'm not using Internet services on the phone, so I can't comment that.

So... I'm very satisfied with the 3100 so far. No complaints. And the
glow-in-the-dark is kinda fun.
Anonymous
August 1, 2004 12:26:26 AM

Take your phone and point the wap browser to www.jhonny.org/wap

there will be a box that asks you for a number, just put in 1 and then
ok....you will download a blank op logo. Then just go into display settings
and turn on the blank logo. Boom op logo gone.

Dom

"ChrisM" <chris_mayers_blue@Suede.Yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "Franken Stein" <franken@stein.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just bought a Nokia 3100 from Fido and I would like to know what's the
> > trick to replace the "Fido" word in the middle of the screen by the word
> > of my choice.
> >
> > What's the secret trick?
>
> Not sure, but I'm guessing that 'Fido' is an 'Operator Logo'. There are
many
> many websites and companies that will let you change this. Some will let
you
> costomise it with a word or words of your choice. But you will probably
have
> to pay a couple of quid.
>
> You could start looking here:

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-...

> If anyone knows how to do this for free, I'm more than happy to stand
> corrected...
>
> ChrisM.

Anonymous
August 1, 2004 3:54:09 AM

Franken Stein <franken@stein.com> wrote in
news:o gWNc.11462$KY1.156133@wagner.videotron.net:

> In article <410741ec@news.comindico.com.au>,
> "mickerob" <mickerobb@icqmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm thinking about getting the 3100 as well , Can you tell me what
>> you think of it. Thanks
> ---------------
>

> I've only been using it for a couple of days, but I can give you my
> initial impressions.
>
> One of the reasons why I got the 3100 is that I know Nokia phones and
> I've had good experiences with them. I owned a 6188 and a 7190. I
> always had good reception and I always found the phones to be reliable
> in general. I always liked the menus, too.
>
> I say the same thing about the 3100. The reception is great, people
> tell me that they hear me very well on the other end, and the screen
> is sharp. The menus are the standard Nokia menus, which is good in my
> opinion.
>
> I find the handset a little small for my hand but that's my criticism
> towards most cell phones today and in any case, it is very discreet
> when I put it in the leather case and clip it to my belt.
>
> I'm not using Internet services on the phone, so I can't comment that.
>
> So... I'm very satisfied with the 3100 so far. No complaints. And the
> glow-in-the-dark is kinda fun.

I also recently got the 3100. It's an unlocked phone from Rogers but I use
Fido.

I've noticed a pretty bad hissing sound while using the phone and I'm
wondering if you've experienced that at all.

Other than that, the phone is very good, if a bit small (I'm used to an
ancient 5190)!
!