Solved

Which Build will be the best?

CURRENT SPECS:
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 Prescott, Single Core with HT, 3.06 GHz.
RAM: Kingston ValueRAM DDR3 2 GB
GPU: Nvidia 9500 GT
MOTHERBOARD: ASRock G41C-VS
POWER: 450 W
STORAGE: 80 GB SATA II 3.0 GB/s

BUILD I:
CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 270, Dual Core, 3.4 GHz
RAM: Kingston ValueRAM DDR3 2 GB
GPU: Sapphire AMD/ATI Radeon HD 6450 1 GB DDR3
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS M5A78L-M LX V2

BUILD II:
CPU: Intel Pentium G630, Dual Core, 2.7 GHz
RAM: Kingston ValueRAM DDR3 6 GB
GPU: n/a
MOTHERBOARD: Intel DH61HO

BUILD III:
CPU: Intel Dual Core E5800, Dual Core, 3.2 GHz
RAM: Kingston ValueRAM DDR3 6 GB
GPU: Sapphire AMD/ATI Radeon HD 6450 1 GB DDR3
MOTHERBOARD: ASRock G41C-VS

Rest everything is same in each build.

I will use it for mild gaming, little video editing, browsing, downloading, movies etc.

Which Build is best and why?
P.S In the third build I will use the same Mobo which I have and use the extra money on RAM and GPU. HDD, Power will come from my current system.
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about which build best
  1. Build 3 is the best out of those systems, it's got more memory then build 1 as well as a more powerful CPU then the other systems.

If you overclock the E5800 and use that extra money you have on a solid GPU you could have a very nice system overall.
  2. Hmmm, light gaming does not necessarily mean games that are light on resources.

Build II ruled out for having no graphics accelerator card, the Intel on-die doesn't really count as any better than a display card.

Between the Athlon II and the E5800 I would go for the Athlon II because it's the more powerful of the processors, but I cannot outright recommend Build I because I'd be looking for a minimum of 4GB of RAM.

What's with the "P.S."? It implies that the final spec for Build III will be different from what you posted.
  3. Actually build 2 is a Sandy Bridge dual core - vastly superior to the old Core2 Duo. Gaming really will need to be 'light' though with the graphics muscle you'll have to play with (or lack thereof). For non-gaming purposes a G630 is a modern, quality CPU that will serve you well.
  4. By the way, don't base your decision on the processor's clock speed - that's a really inaccurate and outdated way of doing things. Even 10 years ago there were Athlon XPs outperforming Pentium 4s despite having significantly lower clock speeds.

EDIT: And what's said about the graphics in build 2 is correct, but only in that the integrated graphics are hugely inferior to modern cards that aren't rock-bottom budget end. The 6450 you're looking at there really is rock-bottom budget end though, so there's not really much difference there. Check out this chart:

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/gaming-cpu-review-overclock,review-32570-5.html

You'll see G630 is rated two tiers above the older options.
  5. I'm running a very bad PC so even an Athlon will be quite an improvement.
    As for "P.S", it's just to mention that I wont buy a new mobo, simply place a new CPU.
    So what do I do Guys???
  6. Best answer
    Build 2, without a doubt. 6GB is an interesting quantity of RAM though? I'd say stick with 4GB, but with memory being so cheap, I guess it won't have much impact on price anyway. With the motherboard you've chosen, you could always add in a more powerful graphics card at some point in the future.
  7. Best answer selected by 5hubh4m.
Ask a new question

Read More

RAM Build Kingston Components