hoggie

Honorable
Jul 20, 2012
since installing my new graphics card & 730 psu, i can't restart my computer from the start ive got windows 7 ultimate, can anyone help me please. thankyou.

PanicMaster85

Distinguished
thats what fixed one of my problems once(try it be careful and look up how to do it first because if you mess up bad you may mess up your computer, dont worry to much about it just bes sure you know what your doing before you do it :D) also yeah you should at least give it a shot and don't forget to download the latest drivers

hoggie

Honorable
Jul 20, 2012

i've updated all my drivers with a driver scanner, is that what you mean? thank you :)

hoggie

Honorable
Jul 20, 2012

i'm a bit scared to do this coz i've heard it can brick your motherboard,thankyou for your quick reply ;)

hoggie

Honorable
Jul 20, 2012

i have a gigabyte H55m-S2V motherboard, it comes with an automatic BIOS feature, when i go to update it says the BIOS is older than you already have installed upgrade now, so i put no because its older, thanks for trying to help me. :)

PanicMaster85

Distinguished
yeah im sorry about this can you give me the mobo again so i can see it too also can you send me a link to it on the website thanks

by the way... this will be fixed(just may mean you have to return a part, but will get fixed so don't panic, hint my username :D)

hoggie

Honorable
Jul 20, 2012
The mobo is a S-Series H55M-S2V, here is the website http://uk.gigabyte.com/.
Thankyou for your patience + replying & trying to help me i much appreciate it, i really hope it can get sorted. :D

hoggie

Honorable
Jul 20, 2012

I've got rev 1.4, i will look into this, thank you for your help i really mean it, will it automatically flash it, do i need a USB stick
to save BIOS. I also read that the problem could be caused by some window updates? :??:

PanicMaster85

Distinguished
um first off try and look into the windows updates thing and also no you just download the file and extract it, go into the bios, there should be a flash bios option and the bios should show up and then you say ok flash and it updates your bios... again if your still a bit nervous be sure to check back at a youtube video or something. :na: and no you do not need a usb stick