Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Problem restarting

Last response: in Systems
Share
July 20, 2012 5:37:37 PM

since installing my new graphics card & 730 psu, i can't restart my computer from the start ive got windows 7 ultimate, can anyone help me please. thankyou.

More about : problem restarting

a b U Graphics card
July 20, 2012 7:05:07 PM

clear CMOS.
m
0
l
July 20, 2012 7:55:28 PM

xtreme5 said:
clear CMOS.

thanks i will try this :na: 
m
0
l
Related resources
July 20, 2012 7:55:57 PM

xtreme5 said:
clear CMOS.

thanks i will try this ;) 
m
0
l
a b B Homebuilt system
July 20, 2012 8:51:52 PM

no problem :D 
m
0
l
July 20, 2012 11:03:25 PM

xtreme5 said:
clear CMOS.

thanks for your suggestion i tried it but it did'nt work i am really stuck :( 
m
0
l
a b B Homebuilt system
July 21, 2012 1:34:41 AM

hmm have you updated your bios yet?
m
0
l
a b B Homebuilt system
July 21, 2012 1:35:48 AM

also how about your chipset off of your mobo website(kinda a stupid question but did you update all the drivers on your computer off the website not just off the cd)

also if not yet install all the latest drivers
m
0
l
July 21, 2012 1:39:43 AM

PanicMaster85 said:
hmm have you updated your bios yet?

no i have'nt do i need to? thanks :??: 
m
0
l
a b B Homebuilt system
July 21, 2012 1:42:30 AM

thats what fixed one of my problems once(try it be careful and look up how to do it first because if you mess up bad you may mess up your computer, dont worry to much about it just bes sure you know what your doing before you do it :D ) also yeah you should at least give it a shot and don't forget to download the latest drivers
m
0
l
July 21, 2012 1:42:36 AM

PanicMaster85 said:
also how about your chipset off of your mobo website(kinda a stupid question but did you update all the drivers on your computer off the website not just off the cd)

also if not yet install all the latest drivers

i've updated all my drivers with a driver scanner, is that what you mean? thank you :) 
m
0
l
a b B Homebuilt system
July 21, 2012 1:43:31 AM

to answer your question no it is not required you have to but if you are having problems thats one way to trouble shoot it(also the word for updating your bios is to flash your bios)
m
0
l
July 21, 2012 1:46:18 AM

PanicMaster85 said:
to answer your question no it is not required you have to but if you are having problems thats one way to trouble shoot it(also the word for updating your bios is to flash your bios)

i'm a bit scared to do this coz i've heard it can brick your motherboard,thankyou for your quick reply ;) 
m
0
l
a b B Homebuilt system
July 21, 2012 5:19:53 AM

yeah sorry for my slow reply :p  yeah it can so be sure to be carefull and get the bios you are installing from the mobo manufacturers website
m
0
l
July 21, 2012 12:28:59 PM

PanicMaster85 said:
yeah sorry for my slow reply :p  yeah it can so be sure to be carefull and get the bios you are installing from the mobo manufacturers website

i have a gigabyte H55m-S2V motherboard, it comes with an automatic BIOS feature, when i go to update it says the BIOS is older than you already have installed upgrade now, so i put no because its older, thanks for trying to help me. :) 
m
0
l
a b B Homebuilt system
July 21, 2012 2:30:28 PM

you need to download the latest version and then run it again... it should spot it
m
0
l
July 21, 2012 3:55:03 PM

when i go to the gigabyte website, the down load utility does not work, thankyou for help & patience, i'm really stressed. :cry: 
m
0
l
a b B Homebuilt system
July 22, 2012 1:42:01 AM

yeah im sorry about this can you give me the mobo again so i can see it too also can you send me a link to it on the website thanks

by the way... this will be fixed(just may mean you have to return a part, but will get fixed so don't panic, hint my username :D )
m
0
l
July 22, 2012 2:13:30 AM

The mobo is a S-Series H55M-S2V, here is the website http://uk.gigabyte.com/.
Thankyou for your patience + replying & trying to help me i much appreciate it, i really hope it can get sorted. :D 
m
0
l

Best solution

a b B Homebuilt system
July 22, 2012 2:29:36 AM

first off make sure that you either have the rev 1.4 or rev 1.3

in the downloads under the rev there is drivers bios everything you need update all of your stuff :D 
http://uk.gigabyte.com/search/search.aspx?kw=H55M-S2V#d...
Share
July 22, 2012 4:11:00 AM

PanicMaster85 said:
first off make sure that you either have the rev 1.4 or rev 1.3

in the downloads under the rev there is drivers bios everything you need update all of your stuff :D 
http://uk.gigabyte.com/search/search.aspx?kw=H55M-S2V#d...


I've got rev 1.4, i will look into this, thank you for your help i really mean it, will it automatically flash it, do i need a USB stick
to save BIOS. I also read that the problem could be caused by some window updates? :??: 
m
0
l
a b B Homebuilt system
July 22, 2012 3:25:38 PM

um first off try and look into the windows updates thing and also no you just download the file and extract it, go into the bios, there should be a flash bios option and the bios should show up and then you say ok flash and it updates your bios... again if your still a bit nervous be sure to check back at a youtube video or something. :na:  and no you do not need a usb stick
m
0
l
July 22, 2012 4:19:56 PM

PanicMaster85 said:
um first off try and look into the windows updates thing and also no you just download the file and extract it, go into the bios, there should be a flash bios option and the bios should show up and then you say ok flash and it updates your bios... again if your still a bit nervous be sure to check back at a youtube video or something. :na:  and no you do not need a usb stick

I managed to update my BIOS & everything seems to be working perfectly at the moment, just like to say thankyou for your help & perseverance, it stopped me having an expensive doorstop :lol:  you really are the panicmaster thanks again. :D  :D  :D 
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
July 22, 2012 4:26:39 PM

lol ^
m
0
l
a b B Homebuilt system
July 22, 2012 4:52:19 PM

haha :na:  no problem!! :) 

don't end the thread for a few days just to make sure everything is still workings as it should! :na: 
m
0
l
July 22, 2012 8:37:25 PM

PanicMaster85 said:
haha :na:  no problem!! :) 

don't end the thread for a few days just to make sure everything is still workings as it should! :na: 

I won't, i,ll keep you posted & let you know how things are going, thanks a lot again for your patience & help solving my problem. :)  :)  :) 
m
0
l
a b B Homebuilt system
July 22, 2012 9:25:16 PM

no problem :D 
m
0
l
July 23, 2012 6:00:34 PM

Hey I have a recently build gaming pc, and it reboots at random. I dont think its an overheating problem as the cores and cpu tems were low when i rebooted. I ran memcheck for 8+ hours with no errors. What could be the source of this problem?

http://pcpartpicker.com/ca/p/bgQI

Above is my build. If i scan for hardware changes in device manager does that also check for the most recent driver of my hardware?

(Thanks in advance :)  )
m
0
l
a b B Homebuilt system
July 23, 2012 6:38:58 PM

have you updated your bios(that is what fixed his) also update all of your other stuff too :D 

hope it helps
m
0
l
July 23, 2012 6:53:29 PM

PanicMaster85 said:
have you updated your bios(that is what fixed his) also update all of your other stuff too :D 

hope it helps

lol i have but i will look into it again just in case. But besides that, what else could cause this probem?
m
0
l
a b B Homebuilt system
July 23, 2012 11:08:22 PM

well the only thing i can think of is that your psu is failing you.
m
0
l
July 26, 2012 1:09:24 PM

PanicMaster85 said:
no problem :D 

Just giving you an update, my computer's still working great, thanks again for all your help. :D 
m
0
l
a b B Homebuilt system
July 26, 2012 6:57:11 PM

Again i'm glad I could help fix the problem!
m
0
l
July 27, 2012 11:57:12 AM

Best answer selected by hoggie.
m
0
l
a b B Homebuilt system
July 27, 2012 4:04:20 PM

Hope everything works out for you later on in your computer if not just post another thread :D 
m
0
l
!