Sign in with
Your question

Pentium r means

Last response: in CPUs
December 1, 2012 3:15:54 PM

what does this pentuim R means.I want to now is this the processor called dual core. In this computer processor speed is @.2 Ghz and Ram is 2 GB hard disk is 5oo GB

More about : pentium means

a b à CPUs
December 1, 2012 5:39:28 PM

Download amd run a tool called CPUID. This will give you more info about what's actually in your computer.
m
l
a c 141 à CPUs
December 1, 2012 9:17:29 PM

Pentium is the name of the processor and r means its a registered trademark.
As Pauls said, use cpuid to really know what you have.
m
l
Related resources
a c 78 à CPUs
December 1, 2012 10:34:05 PM

That little ® means that if you create a product of any kind and decide to call it a Pentium, Intel will sue you and own your house, your car, your dog, your children, your grandchildren.
m
l
a b à CPUs
December 1, 2012 10:37:15 PM

^ what if the poor dog has no money :( 
m
l
a c 78 à CPUs
December 1, 2012 11:33:48 PM

Heh, I don't think big corporate cares. They'll sue you anyway.. Look at Chik Fil A.. They sued some guy because he was a health food nut selling shirts that said "Eat More Kale".. Apparently Chick-Fil-A thinks they own the rights to a slogan that suggests people eat more of something.

LOL. Can you imagine? Probably like 6 people in the world actually bought one of those silly shirts, but they gots ta get their cut, if you don't have it, they'll take it out of your.... behind.

No, I'm not joking about the Kale thing,

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2011-11-30/news/3046075...
m
l
a b à CPUs
December 1, 2012 11:47:31 PM

nekulturny said:
Heh, I don't think big corporate cares. They'll sue you anyway.. Look at Chik Fil A.. They sued some guy because he was a health food nut selling shirts that said "Eat More Kale".. Apparently Chick-Fil-A thinks they own the rights to a slogan that suggests people eat more of something.

LOL. Can you imagine? Probably like 6 people in the world actually bought one of those silly shirts, but they gots ta get their cut, if you don't have it, they'll take it out of your.... behind.

No, I'm not joking about the Kale thing,

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2011-11-30/news/3046075...

Did the chik-fil-A company win? I hope not.... kind of ruthless on their part, I mean his slogan is entirely different. Then again I hear the business industry is full of cutthroats fighting for every piece of crumb on the plate.
m
l
a c 78 à CPUs
December 1, 2012 11:56:29 PM

I dunno honestly... I found the guy's website, looks like its still going

http://eatmorekale.com/

It is pretty ruthless. Companies that do this kind of stuff, I don't think they really put enough thought into the consequences of their actions. Chik-Fil-A gave some wishy washy statement to the affect of it obscures their market to have "similar slogans" (lets ignore the fact that the Kale guy can actually spell properly in his slogan). But, I think in the court of public opinion, they will always lose when big corporate goes after a little guy.

I actually emailed them after I read that news story last year, I got a response, more wishy washy crap about protecting their name and business, blah blah. Yea, I got too much time on my hands sometimes, it doesn't look like I still have the email from checking my Gmail. Oh well.
m
l
!