Sign in with
Your question

Nvidia 670 - Program to control graphics card, temprature, usage?

Tags:
  • Nvidia
  • Graphics Cards
  • Temperature
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 27, 2012 5:41:31 PM

Is there a program that lets you view the temperature and usage of the graphics card, as well as change the settings?

I looked under my Driver installation, but nothing was in that folder that allowed me to change settings on my card :D 

Thanks

More about : nvidia 670 program control graphics card temprature usage

a b Î Nvidia
a c 109 U Graphics card
May 27, 2012 6:14:54 PM

Depends on which card you have, companies each have their own software.

FOR EXAMPLE
EVGA Cards get Precision X
Asus Cards get Smartdoctor.
Related resources
May 27, 2012 6:31:52 PM

amuffin said:
Depends on which card you have, companies each have their own software.

FOR EXAMPLE
EVGA Cards get Precision X
Asus Cards get Smartdoctor.

Mine is made by Gigabyte
May 27, 2012 7:17:53 PM

jediarron said:
What's the Kombustor?

Kombustor is a little GPU stress test that you can launch from Afterburner. It's similar to Furmark I think. It's supposed to give you a way to see if your overclock is stable.

Isn't EVGA Precision the best tool for GTX 670/680 cards? I'd recommend that from what I've seen - should work fine even if your card isn't an EVGA.
a c 468 Î Nvidia
a c 678 U Graphics card
May 27, 2012 7:31:43 PM

Okay, I just tried out EVGA Precision X, and it's exactly the same as Afterburner with just a different User Interface. It even has exactly the same settings/properties, since both are based on Rivatuner. It will come down to personal preference, but having tried both I can honestly say that Afterburner is easier to read and use.
May 27, 2012 8:57:15 PM

17seconds said:
Okay, I just tried out EVGA Precision X, and it's exactly the same as Afterburner with just a different User Interface. It even has exactly the same settings/properties, since both are based on Rivatuner. It will come down to personal preference, but having tried both I can honestly say that Afterburner is easier to read and use.

Thanks. I'll use that!
!