Disabling Automatic Monitor Wake Up

April 6, 2005 5:38:52 PM

Is there a way to DISABLE the behavior in windows that automatically
wakes up/turns the monitor back on after a mouse or keyboard activity
is sensed? I don't want it to wake up unless I hit a specific shortcut
key (I have that feature programmed and need to disable the window's
feature for it to work correctly).

Thanks!
April 7, 2005 7:00:21 AM

Interesting, Mike.

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"Mike" <mczajka@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to DISABLE the behavior in windows that automatically
> wakes up/turns the monitor back on after a mouse or keyboard activity
> is sensed? I don't want it to wake up unless I hit a specific shortcut
> key (I have that feature programmed and need to disable the window's
> feature for it to work correctly).
>
> Thanks!

April 8, 2005 2:54:06 PM

I found out that the BIOS wakes up the monitor not windows and my BIOS
does not provide a way to disable this.
!