Disabling Automatic Monitor Wake Up

Is there a way to DISABLE the behavior in windows that automatically
wakes up/turns the monitor back on after a mouse or keyboard activity
is sensed? I don't want it to wake up unless I hit a specific shortcut
key (I have that feature programmed and need to disable the window's
feature for it to work correctly).

Thanks!
2 answers Last reply
More about disabling automatic monitor wake

    Interesting, Mike.

    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    "Mike" <mczajka@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Is there a way to DISABLE the behavior in windows that automatically
    > wakes up/turns the monitor back on after a mouse or keyboard activity
    > is sensed? I don't want it to wake up unless I hit a specific shortcut
    > key (I have that feature programmed and need to disable the window's
    > feature for it to work correctly).
    >
    > Thanks!

    I found out that the BIOS wakes up the monitor not windows and my BIOS
    does not provide a way to disable this.

Configuration Monitors Customization Microsoft Windows XP