Question about my CPU temperatures and Usage

taylortolliver

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009
Ok so I overclocked my AMD Phenom II X4 955 to 3.6ghz. I am using the stock cooler and I didn't touch the voltage. This is the second time I have overclocked it. The first time I had it to 3.6 just like now, but as I was kind of scared since I'm so inexperienced I defaulted the clock back down.However I ran Prime95 on it for about 8 hours while I slept. I had no errors and the temps had maxed out at 53 degrees which seemed well within reason. I do have AMD Cool n Quiet on, but when my CPU is in use like watching a movie, or just web browsing, I am getting anywhere from 32-35 degrees. All other games, such as Counter Strike Source, League of Legends and Assassins Creed have me ranging from 40-45. The one oddball I have found is that in GTA 4 with everything low I get 60fps constant which is perfectly fine, but my CPU is at 50 degrees.

This is also a concern because I want to stream games in 1080p (1680x1050.) The data I have gathered for myself is that during streaming my CPU temps hover around 50-52. my CPU usage hovers from 60-75%. My frame rate in League of Legends for example is hardly affected if at all, hovering around 50-78fps which is what I get when I'm playing without streaming.

From what I can tell I don't seem to be crippling my CPU, but I am new to this so if anyone has any advice that would be great. I am aware I do not have an elite CPU (by i7 standards) btu from what I can gather myself with my own knowledge, my computer seems to be doing fine. I plan on getting water cooling for my CPU as well which I am well aware will do great things for my temps.

Thanks for anything and everything you can tell me.