Laptop switchable graphics help

Hi

I bought a dv6-6135dx laptop off of newegg. It has an integrated gpu (6620g) and a discrete gpu (6750m). I updated to the 8.90.7 driver (from windows device manager) but now the dgpu is dead. On Gpu-z it shows that has no clock speed at all. Also I can't turn applications to high performance in the "Configure Switchable Graphics". Does this driver not support Dual Graphics? And if not how can I fix it?

Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about laptop switchable graphics help
  1. If it's a new laptop you can still send it in for repair or RMA, I hope you still have warranty on it.
  2. No warranty :(
  3. ksense said:
    Hi

I bought a dv6-6135dx laptop off of newegg. It has an integrated gpu (6620g) and a discrete gpu (6750m). I updated to the 8.90.7 driver (from windows device manager) but now the dgpu is dead. On Gpu-z it shows that has no clock speed at all. Also I can't turn applications to high performance in the "Configure Switchable Graphics". Does this driver not support Dual Graphics? And if not how can I fix it?

Thanks

Have you tried rolling back the driver??? If this all happened after you updated. Good chance that's all it is.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Laptops GPUs Graphics