Sign in with
Your question

Graphics card/computer help

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 27, 2012 10:05:57 PM

So back in November of 2011, I bought a computer and didn't use it until Christmas. The graphics card wasn't seated properly, of which I fixed, but I was still getting graphical errors. So after buying a new graphics card and replacing it, I'm not getting any graphical errors. However, when changing pages sometimes, my screen will shake and I'll have a bit of static. This only lasts for a good half second, but it worries me. What should I do? Any and all help is appreciated.

More about : graphics card computer

a c 99 U Graphics card
May 27, 2012 10:59:14 PM

Make sure your display ports are properly in place too, such as not being loose. By changing pages, do you mean web pages when using a web browser?
m
l
May 28, 2012 12:58:27 AM

fantastik250 said:
Make sure your display ports are properly in place too, such as not being loose. By changing pages, do you mean web pages when using a web browser?

Yes, that's what I mean. Everything's properly placed.
m
l
a c 203 U Graphics card
May 28, 2012 1:26:46 AM

if you have a laptop or another pc or another monitor i would see if the error follows the monitor or the video card. you could have a lcd screen that has a bad power supply. on your pc i would run memtest to check that the ram is fine. on some pre builts the onboard video uses some of the system ram. i would also run a gpu burn in test to see if you can force the error. if it non the gpu it could be the power supply dropping out.
m
l
!