Battery Question

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
August 17, 2005 6:29:22 PM

Would a poor battery Cause a loss of signal ? My battery will go from
a full charge to 1 bar of strength in less than 24 hours. Just
wondering if this causes a reception problem. Thanks.

More about : battery question

August 17, 2005 8:14:03 PM

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 14:29:22 GMT, For <kforaker@carolina.rr.com>
wrote:

>Would a poor battery Cause a loss of signal ? My battery will go from
>a full charge to 1 bar of strength in less than 24 hours. Just
>wondering if this causes a reception problem. Thanks.

Yes, it's possible. Depending on the technology the phone uses if the
phone has to constantly look for signal its battery life will be less.
If it uses CDMA technology (Sprint PCS and Verizon for instance)
battery life will be less.

- -
Anonymous
August 17, 2005 11:19:58 PM

In <g9i6g1paugtb65umcoo2n6e77ddesihv4c@4ax.com> on Wed, 17 Aug 2005 14:29:22
GMT, For <kforaker@carolina.rr.com> wrote:

>Would a poor battery Cause a loss of signal ? My battery will go from
>a full charge to 1 bar of strength in less than 24 hours. Just
>wondering if this causes a reception problem. Thanks.

No, other way around: poor reception depletes the battery faster.

August 18, 2005 4:00:55 PM

Joseph wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 14:29:22 GMT, For <kforaker@carolina.rr.com>
> wrote:
>

>>Would a poor battery Cause a loss of signal ? My battery will go from
>>a full charge to 1 bar of strength in less than 24 hours. Just
>>wondering if this causes a reception problem. Thanks.
>

> Yes, it's possible. Depending on the technology the phone uses if the
> phone has to constantly look for signal its battery life will be less.

You've got it the wrong way around. The OP asked if a poor battery
causes poor signal reception, which is certainly not correct. Though,
poor signal reception can cause reduced battery life.

> If it uses CDMA technology (Sprint PCS and Verizon for instance)

Being that this is a Cingualr newsgroup, it's safe t say that he's
probably using TDMA or GSM.

--
E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.