How to take a snapshot of desktop? thanks

BlueRain

Distinguished
May 13, 2001
Hi all,

Sometimes i see where people post a snapshot(i think that's what they call it) of the desktop, i would love to know how to do it.

Maybe a step by step instructions,please.

Thanks so much: >
Blue

PS: I have ME OS

" Soon My Friend , Soon...."

monkeyspank

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2001
try this little program:
<A HREF="http://www.hyperionics.com/index.html" target="_new">hypersnap DX</A>
It can take snapshots of specific windows, regions or the whole screen, even in games.

-- There are no answers to find in the bottom of a glass. But you can have fun looking for them.

Smilin

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2001
one more...if you hit alt-printscreen instead of just printscreen it will take a snapshot of the active windows only instead of the whole screen.

CompSci

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2001
There are also some good screen capture/snapshot grabbers out there...

There's an old one but a real good one - Clip'nSave Version 2.2. Its great and my favorite. Been usin it for years - Killer! Do a Google search for Clip'nSave and its out there many places for download...

SnagIt is pretty good too... SnagIt has a feature that will scroll the capture area that allows yow to capture areas larger than the screen. The user interface isn't as good as Clip'nSave but when ya need to capture a a long colunm the extends beyond the screen to gets the job done. Search for SnagIt will get it also...

I use em both a lot - especially if I want to send a report clip to someone and I don't want it modified!!!

jiffy

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2001
That's so cool. It works better then a software I was going to pay 20. bucks for. Works in games to, that's some good stuff.

Complicated Nit Picker

TRENDING THREADS