Safe Mode stuck

Pacman91

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2010
I had recently made a thread about not being able to boot. I was recently able to, and can continue to boot safe mood up untill the file (this is the last file that loads) "Loaded: \windows\systems32\drivers\classpnp.sys" if you know of anything particular that may help anyway that would be so helpful, Thank you.

Pacman91

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2010
From what I see here http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7performance/thread/12b2cc64-bdaf-4183-9a0d-22a73b72f6d6/ all i need to do is repair, but as I have said that doesn't work. lol thanks again

Pacman91

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2010
Alrighty I am trying that, but i still can't boot at all to fix either drive, so i just unplugged HD1 and just tried to load a fresh copy of win 7 on HD2 and it posted and then just hung again. I now think it is a MoBo problem, b/c it can't be a software problem right??

btk1w1

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2008
A long shot....

but my guess is RAM.

You seem to be familiar with PCs so I hope I am assuming right that you understand what I mean.

I had a problem with a PC that would hang on install with a certain file and it wasn't until I swapped out the RAM that the installation completed.

Do you have more than one stick of RAM on the PC? Try removing one for the install then the other if it doesn't work.

Like I say a long shot, but who knows?

I don't think mobo or PSU or HDD (because you have tried on two) is the culprit.

Pacman91

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2010
I have tried one stick of ram with 6 different sticks... and I had this machine running before with the same ram no problem, just when I moved the pc it did this. I also ran that lil memory fixer that microsoft has, and I have tried booting without memory error or testers, as set in my bios, I am an optimistic person tho so i will try it again, thanks

Pacman91

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2010
no dice, I just tried it again and the first time i got a memory error. which includes alot of beeping and a red flashing light, which of course made my roommate think I was setting off a bomb, but other than that nothing changed...

btk1w1

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2008
Sorry I just reread your original post.

You say that the install hangs during the POST?

This could be a different problem then I envisioned.

The POST is a BIOS / OS function. It isn't solely an operating system function.

Have you tried resetting the BIOS to defaults?

The error code points to HDD malfunction... but this could be for a number reasons. Cabling or failing HDD (which Aford has already pointed out).

Because RAM troubleshooting can be time consuming I would clear the CMOS then try to see if the PC will boot past POST.

Pacman91

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2010
I had just moved one 2 gb stick to the first position, and it beeped and flashed in a code that said that it was a memory error, so i turned it off then put the stick back in and it was fine, then just got stuck again... and they were just short, short, short, untill i turned it off lol, i will try clearing my cosmos with just one stick in

Pacman91

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2010
K so i just pulled the battery and then put it back after 15 seconds and tried to boot normally, no such luck. Then I tried to do system repair, same problem and now booting from the disk to make a new OS or to repair has also failed...