Sign in with
Your question

Upgrading pc (budget 300usd)

Last response: in CPUs
December 1, 2012 9:11:09 PM

budget is 300 usd.
My pc is for internet, online gaming like planetside,dayz,bf3, and strategies...( not hardcore, just for fun, details could be low, resolution 1280x1024 )
i was thinking for cpu - i3 3220 or FX 6300 , i'll not propably overclocking, so im looking for the best performance at stock, or if is it possible overclock fx 6300 on stock cooler
my current gpu is hd 5670 512mb GDDr5
What do you think i should buy? Thanks
a b à CPUs
December 1, 2012 9:35:14 PM

Hi :) 

Spend it ALL on a decent graphics card..yours is rubbush...

All the best Brett :) 
December 1, 2012 10:22:44 PM

It wouldn't be a good idea to overclock the fx 6300 on the stock cooler. What's your current cpu? If it's decent spend it all on the GPU. Otherwise maybe split your budget between a GPU and CPU. ~$200 for the GPU and ~100 for the CPU. Something like GTX 660 and FX 6100
Related resources
a b K Overclocking
December 4, 2012 12:54:57 AM

I'd just get a good GPU like the 660 ti, then get a decent processor later on. If all you are doing is gaming I would stick with Nvidia, in my experience the drivers are way better and I've crashed on games maybe 5 times total in comparison to the hundreds of time I crashed on AMD cards. AMD cards are really more suited for editing, where raw processing power is needed. If your running anything under an i5 I would plan on upgrading in the future, as you'll see a huge difference in overall performance, if your upgrading go big budget parts really aren't even worth the hassle and usually lead to disappointment. That being said migrating to a new chip set may break the budget so stick with the GPU first. Also consider buying a SSD too if you don't have one already, I bought a $60 dollar SSD to run the OS from and it's the best purchase I've ever made hardware wise, the OS is extremely stable, boot times are ridiculously fast, the few programs I run from it pop up immediately and are extremely responsive.
December 4, 2012 3:30:38 AM

hdeezie80 said:
I'd just get a good GPU like the 660 ti, then get a decent processor later on. If all you are doing is gaming I would stick with Nvidia, in my experience the drivers are way better and I've crashed on games maybe 5 times total in comparison to the hundreds of time I crashed on AMD cards. AMD cards are really more suited for editing, where raw processing power is needed. If your running anything under an i5 I would plan on upgrading in the future, as you'll see a huge difference in overall performance, if your upgrading go big budget parts really aren't even worth the hassle and usually lead to disappointment. That being said migrating to a new chip set may break the budget so stick with the GPU first. Also consider buying a SSD too if you don't have one already, I bought a $60 dollar SSD to run the OS from and it's the best purchase I've ever made hardware wise, the OS is extremely stable, boot times are ridiculously fast, the few programs I run from it pop up immediately and are extremely responsive.

True. I prefer NVIDIA too though some people like AMD. I have the gtx 600 ti and its been awesome. Plays all my COD games and starcraft at max settings no hiccups. I own AMD stock though so feel free to choose either way lol. And yeah a SSD would be really good. You could get a small 64 GB one for $60 for your OS and whichever games you're playing at the time.
!