Sign in with
Your question

CPU Init

Last response: in CPUs
December 1, 2012 9:27:59 PM

Hello,
I am getting a CPU init on my computer.

My computer has been working fine for years. THe other day I got a virus and in the process of trying to fix it I went into the Disk Cleanup and cleared a bunch of stuff (including the Hybernation Files). I then restarted my computer and it wouldn't post, just had CPU Init on the LED display.

I am running an Asus Crosshair and it seems to be booting up fine. All fans turn on, the SB_Pwr light is on, and the power button ans restart buttons work. Although it does not beep with no memory in the slots, but does beep when the power is unplugged from the GPU.

Everything turns on and stays on, except the HD light on the case will go off after about a minute of turning on the system.

I have tried to clear the CMOS and have even taken the battery.

I have no clue what is wrong with it. Like I said it has been running good for years, till I just tried to restart it.

More about : cpu init

December 1, 2012 9:57:45 PM

The system will not post. It all seems to be turning on but I still have the CPU Init on the LED screen and nothing comes up on the monitor
m
l
a b à CPUs
December 1, 2012 9:58:31 PM

"Goood for years"..... Can we know what the specs are to this computer.... The Virus could have taken a tole on the hardware
m
l
Related resources
December 1, 2012 10:08:33 PM

Asus Crosshair Mobo
AMD AM2 Athlon X2 6000 (w/ after market HSF)
ABS Tagan BZ900 900 Watt power supply
two GTS NviDIA 8800 gts
two older HD (both IDE); I was about to replace the primary drive
two Corsair XMS2 2GB DDR2
two ATI PC2 6400 1 GB DDR2
Antec 900 case
m
l
a b à CPUs
December 1, 2012 10:15:29 PM

Yea I'd say its time to maybe upgrade
m
l
a b à CPUs
December 1, 2012 10:24:08 PM

Oh boy a X2 6000 and IDE hard drive, quite the relic :lol: 
Anyways does that motherboard have a section in the manual for beep codes? If so check how many beeps you hear, each beep should signify something in particular.
m
l
December 1, 2012 10:39:57 PM

There are no beebs. but the mobo has an LED poster on the back that says CPU Init
m
l
December 1, 2012 10:43:52 PM

if possible I would like to try to fix the problem instead of having to upgrade the whole system. It still fullfilled all my needs as it was. Although I was planning on upgrading the HD for sure
m
l
a b à CPUs
December 1, 2012 10:58:59 PM

monkey2060 said:
if possible I would like to try to fix the problem instead of having to upgrade the whole system. It still fullfilled all my needs as it was. Although I was planning on upgrading the HD for sure

Sometimes you just gotta let go... :sarcastic: 
m
l
a b à CPUs
December 1, 2012 11:03:13 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xehOMDCH4oc

Does that describe your feelings for the computer? Don't worry I've felt that before on my old builds, I still have them. They're just tucked in my closet with spider webs in em by now :lol: 
m
l
a b à CPUs
December 1, 2012 11:06:38 PM

socialfox said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xehOMDCH4oc

Does that describe your feelings for the computer? Don't worry I've felt that before on my old builds, I still have them. They're just tucked in my closet with spider webs in em by now :lol: 

:heink: 
m
l
a b à CPUs
December 1, 2012 11:12:51 PM

Rockdpm said:
:heink: 

you know that feeling of not letting go of something....haven't you had one of those times? Like a favourite car with good memories but it's time to sell it or replace it....
m
l
December 1, 2012 11:13:40 PM

lol yea. I just dont have the money either to rebuild a nice computer at the moment
m
l
a b à CPUs
December 1, 2012 11:33:52 PM

socialfox said:
you know that feeling of not letting go of something....haven't you had one of those times? Like a favourite car with good memories but it's time to sell it or replace it....

Yes but i wasn't expecting to see that music video...
m
l
!