Sign in with
Your question

HELP ME PLEASE

Last response: in Systems
July 20, 2012 11:29:21 PM

Okay so here is a problem and I hope that this community can help a stressed soul. :p 
So, I started my new computer build! (Yay first one!) I soon put it together and it turned on and an American Megetrends page showed up with all my specs and a CMOS fail, so I cleared the CMOS and now it works-kinda... :( 

I put in a valid Windows XP disc in after I went into the Aptio setup utility to boot from the dvd/cd reader. I think the disc had sp1 but I'm not positive...Anyways after I loaded it it all worked fine, until it started the XP setup where it loads everything up, (it also doesn't look like the bios screen anymore.) So once it was about halfway through downloading the stuff, I get the infamous blue screen of death. I turn off my computer and turn it back on and I try it again, blue screen again.

Now by this time it has been about a week of failure and I'm turning to you guys after there is an even BIGGER problem, once I turn in my computer to try and do anything, xp looks as if its loading ( black screen with windows logo and a loading bar ) then it says Windows XP setup is being restarted or something like that, and it goes into power save mode, I think. All the fans run, but the monitor either gets no signal( when I use my TV :D  , or my monitor goes into sleep, but won't wake up despite a lot of keyboard smashing^_^)

Now I should also say that if I turn it off and on again after turning it on, It will give absolutely no display whatsoever and won't work for a couple hours, so I hope the responses I get are legitimate
:lol: 

PLEASE HELP ME I NEED HELP OR I WILL GO CRAZY!!!
Thank you guys

More about : question

July 21, 2012 2:28:34 AM

Alright, what is your hardware?

I think it might be a memory issue so please include the model number of your motherboard and memory.
July 21, 2012 1:00:33 PM

Sony Optiarc 24X DVD Burner, Bulk Package Black SATA Model AD-7280S-0B - OEM
XION XON-180 Meshed Black/Red Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAKX 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
SYBA SY-ADA23015 USB 2.0 Wireless Dongle
SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6670 1GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card (11192-22-20G)
Diablotek DA Series PSDA600 600W ATX12V v2.2 Power Supply
Tuniq TX-2 Cooling Thermal Compound
Team Xtreem Dark Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model
Link Depot FAN-4LED-120GN 120mm Green LED Case Fan
Linkworld Electronic LLC FAN-8-2 80mm Case Fan - OEM
Rosewill RFA-120-K 120mm Case Fan
LOGISYS Computer MC3002GX 120mm Hydro CPU Cooler
AMD FX-4100 Zambezi 3.6GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor FD4100WMGUSBX
BIOSTAR A880GZ AM3+ AMD 880G SATA 6Gb/s HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

Thats all my stuff, sorry its kinda out of order :p 
Related resources
July 21, 2012 3:29:34 PM

First off have you updated your BIOS? The newest version is 2012-02-08. You should go here to do it if not. http://www.biostar-usa.com/app/en-us/mb/introduction.ph...

Next it seems that this motherboard only "Supports" ZION memory. And it does only support 1333mhz. So there for your RAM runs faster than this motherboard can, and very well could cause some problems. I sudjest you return the motherboard and RAM and get a ASUS motherboard, and some of the AMD branded RAM. So you will know it works.
July 21, 2012 7:53:57 PM

Thanks for the help :D 

Also how can I update the bios if the screen turns off after 20 seconds. O.o

I also remember going around in the bios and seeing that my mem was auto downclocked to 133mhz so i should be fine? right? Also my computer worked a little bit before the XP download, so I assume that all my hardware is compatble and good, but any suggestions would help

Thanks for the win 8 link, I am pretty poor...and I had an xp disc lying around lol :na: 
July 21, 2012 8:30:03 PM

Thats just it, the motherboard clocks it to 1333 but after a cycle or two the memory wont work anymore cause it was ment to work at 1600.
July 21, 2012 9:46:52 PM

oh...ok thats a bummer, i guess ill just rma it to newegg, do you know if they are good with that stuff?
July 21, 2012 9:51:34 PM

NewEgg's return policy is not fun, they charge a restocking fee... or they used to. I think it was like 20% or something. Thats why I buy from TigerDirect, no fees at all, hell sometimes I dont pay for shipping.
July 22, 2012 5:14:06 PM

ouch, that hurts, especially to a poor kid like me:( 
!