How does one un-truncate favorite in IE?

Tags:
  • Configuration
  • Internet Explorer
  • Microsoft
  • Customization
  • Windows XP
April 7, 2005 3:17:51 AM

I read that in TOOLS--->Internet options--->Advance, there's a setting
that I can make the pulldown manu not be truncated. I can't find it
for the life of me. Can someone guide me there?

More about : truncate favorite

Anonymous
April 7, 2005 3:17:52 AM

In the Browsing category, uncheck "Enable Personalized Favorites"

Keith

"JJ" <jjc715@frognet.net> wrote in message news:si9951hiht1eu115qpmpj7o42mb556cstj@4ax.com...
> I read that in TOOLS--->Internet options--->Advance, there's a setting
> that I can make the pulldown manu not be truncated. I can't find it
> for the life of me. Can someone guide me there?
Anonymous
April 7, 2005 3:17:52 AM

IE|Tools|Internet Options|Advanced, then uncheck the box for "Enable
Personalized Favorites Menu"

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"JJ" wrote:
|I read that in TOOLS--->Internet options--->Advance, there's a setting
| that I can make the pulldown manu not be truncated. I can't find it
| for the life of me. Can someone guide me there?
Related resources
April 9, 2005 12:05:45 AM

Thanks for the tip, Keith and Dave. Just what I needed
Anonymous
April 9, 2005 1:08:13 AM

You're welcome.

--

"JJ" wrote:
| Thanks for the tip, Keith and Dave. Just what I needed
June 29, 2005 1:06:39 AM

What does "Enable Personalized Favorites" do?

"Keith Miller" <k.miller79@verizon.net> wrote:

>In the Browsing category, uncheck "Enable Personalized Favorites"
>
>Keith
>
>"JJ" <jjc715@frognet.net> wrote in message news:si9951hiht1eu115qpmpj7o42mb556cstj@4ax.com...
>> I read that in TOOLS--->Internet options--->Advance, there's a setting
>> that I can make the pulldown manu not be truncated. I can't find it
>> for the life of me. Can someone guide me there?

John "J.J." Jackson
Anonymous
June 30, 2005 1:07:15 AM

SUMMARY
Personalized Menus organizes the Start menu (Programs and Favorites) or the
Microsoft Internet Explorer Favorites menu to reflect how you use these
menus. When Personalized Menus is turned on, Windows keeps track of which
items you access from the Start menu or the Internet Explorer Favorites
menu, hiding the items you have not accessed recently while keeping all of
your items easily accessible. Personalized Menus is turned on by default.
This article describes how to show all items on the Start menu or the
Internet Explorer Favorites menu, or turn this feature off so you always see
all the menu items. To show all items on the Start menu or the Internet
Explorer Favorites menu, click ">>" at the bottom of the menu.

Source:
HOW TO: Show All Items on the Start Menu or Favorites Menu:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=230596
©2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

--
Ramesh, MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

Windows XP Troubleshooting
http://www.winhelponline.com
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroup...

"JJ" <jjyg@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> What does "Enable Personalized Favorites" do?
>

> "Keith Miller" <k.miller79@verizon.net> wrote:
>
>>In the Browsing category, uncheck "Enable Personalized Favorites"
>>
>>Keith
>>
>>"JJ" <jjc715@frognet.net> wrote in message
>>> I read that in TOOLS--->Internet options--->Advance, there's a setting
>>> that I can make the pulldown manu not be truncated. I can't find it
>>> for the life of me. Can someone guide me there?
>
> John "J.J." Jackson
Anonymous
June 30, 2005 11:01:19 PM

If you want to see al your folders and shortcuts in Favorites you need to
uncheck "close unused folders in History and Favourites" in Internet
Options, Advanced; that'll sort the problem

!