How does one un-truncate favorite in IE?

I read that in TOOLS--->Internet options--->Advance, there's a setting
that I can make the pulldown manu not be truncated. I can't find it
for the life of me. Can someone guide me there?
7 answers Last reply
More about truncate favorite

    In the Browsing category, uncheck "Enable Personalized Favorites"

    Keith

    "JJ" <jjc715@frognet.net> wrote in message news:si9951hiht1eu115qpmpj7o42mb556cstj@4ax.com...
    > I read that in TOOLS--->Internet options--->Advance, there's a setting
    > that I can make the pulldown manu not be truncated. I can't find it
    > for the life of me. Can someone guide me there?

    IE|Tools|Internet Options|Advanced, then uncheck the box for "Enable
    Personalized Favorites Menu"

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "JJ" wrote:
    |I read that in TOOLS--->Internet options--->Advance, there's a setting
    | that I can make the pulldown manu not be truncated. I can't find it
    | for the life of me. Can someone guide me there?

    Thanks for the tip, Keith and Dave. Just what I needed

    You're welcome.

    --

    "JJ" wrote:
    | Thanks for the tip, Keith and Dave. Just what I needed

    What does "Enable Personalized Favorites" do?

    "Keith Miller" <k.miller79@verizon.net> wrote:

    >In the Browsing category, uncheck "Enable Personalized Favorites"
    >
    >Keith
    >
    >"JJ" <jjc715@frognet.net> wrote in message news:si9951hiht1eu115qpmpj7o42mb556cstj@4ax.com...
    >> I read that in TOOLS--->Internet options--->Advance, there's a setting
    >> that I can make the pulldown manu not be truncated. I can't find it
    >> for the life of me. Can someone guide me there?

    John "J.J." Jackson

    SUMMARY
    Personalized Menus organizes the Start menu (Programs and Favorites) or the
    Microsoft Internet Explorer Favorites menu to reflect how you use these
    menus. When Personalized Menus is turned on, Windows keeps track of which
    items you access from the Start menu or the Internet Explorer Favorites
    menu, hiding the items you have not accessed recently while keeping all of
    your items easily accessible. Personalized Menus is turned on by default.
    This article describes how to show all items on the Start menu or the
    Internet Explorer Favorites menu, or turn this feature off so you always see
    all the menu items. To show all items on the Start menu or the Internet
    Explorer Favorites menu, click ">>" at the bottom of the menu.

    Source:
    HOW TO: Show All Items on the Start Menu or Favorites Menu:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=230596
    ©2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

    --
    Ramesh, MS-MVP
    Windows Shell/User

    Windows XP Troubleshooting
    http://www.winhelponline.com
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    "JJ" <jjyg@adelphia.net> wrote in message
    > What does "Enable Personalized Favorites" do?
    >

    > "Keith Miller" <k.miller79@verizon.net> wrote:
    >
    >>In the Browsing category, uncheck "Enable Personalized Favorites"
    >>
    >>Keith
    >>
    >>"JJ" <jjc715@frognet.net> wrote in message
    >>> I read that in TOOLS--->Internet options--->Advance, there's a setting
    >>> that I can make the pulldown manu not be truncated. I can't find it
    >>> for the life of me. Can someone guide me there?
    >
    > John "J.J." Jackson

    If you want to see al your folders and shortcuts in Favorites you need to
    uncheck "close unused folders in History and Favourites" in Internet
    Options, Advanced; that'll sort the problem

    "JJ" <jjyg@adelphia.net> wrote in message
    > What does "Enable Personalized Favorites" do?
    >

    > "Keith Miller" <k.miller79@verizon.net> wrote:
    >
    >>In the Browsing category, uncheck "Enable Personalized Favorites"
    >>
    >>Keith
    >>
    >>"JJ" <jjc715@frognet.net> wrote in message
    >>> I read that in TOOLS--->Internet options--->Advance, there's a setting
    >>> that I can make the pulldown manu not be truncated. I can't find it
    >>> for the life of me. Can someone guide me there?
    >
    > John "J.J." Jackson

Configuration Internet Explorer Microsoft Customization Windows XP