Need Driver Help for all of my components?

FSX-JACK

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2011
Could someone please give me links to all of the latest drivers for the following components:

SandyBridge Intel Core i5 2500K 1155 Socket

ATI Sapphire 6950 2GB

MSI GD-55A B3 Motherboard

I use Win7 64bit (12GB corsair vengeance RAM)

So if you could give me help getting all of the latest drivers for this hardware, that would be great :)

D

Deleted member 217926

Motherboard. On this page hold your mouse over "Download" and you will see more options. You may want the utilities as well. The MSI Live Update 5 may find the drivers you need for you if you download it first.

http://www.msi.com/product/mb/Z68A-GD55--B3-.html#/?div=Driver&os=All

Graphics card.

http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/radeon_win7-64.aspx

As Brett928S2 should well know there are no drivers necessary from Intel for your CPU. Just the chipset drivers for your motherboard on the MSI website. I have no idea why he said go to Intel's website.

FSX-JACK

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2011

Thank you. One more question, can updating drivers on your GPU, motherboard etc... improve performance in games?

D

Deleted member 217926

Updating a graphics driver can improve game performance especially if you have an older driver and a new game. Drivers are optimized for games more and more the longer the people writing the drivers have access to the games. Nvidia drivers actually tell you what games are getting improvements and how much.

Motherboard drivers once installed, are usually left alone. The only reason to update them would be enhanced compatibility. You would not gain a performance boost from doing so.

Are you having problems? If so we can help if you tell us what they are.

FSX-JACK

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2011

Thanks so much. Well i'm having a bit of a problem. Have you heard of the game Microsoft Flight Simulator X. I play it all the time. I have quite an up to date system:

i5 2500k @ 4.4
ati 6950 2gb
12GB 1600MHz DDR3
OCZ 650w
WD 500gb
OCZ 60gb ssd
H60 water cooler.

FSX is an old game (2006), and in some cases plays better on technology from then, but you should get better performance on newer technology right? well that's the case most of the time aswell, but my trouble is, i'm getting lower fps than I think I should as I have been re-assured that many times, I have a more than capable system for running it, but what they might no know is that ATI's GPU's aren't built to support FSX that much any more, so could this be decreasing my performance. By switching to a GTX 560Ti, do you think I will see some FPS improvements. I have seen many vids on Youtube showing their i5 2500k's at almost same speed as mine, with a GTX 560Ti, and they have flawless performance. I have also done some tweaks. I am running Win7 64 bit. I usually get around 10-40fps but most about 20 to be honest, this is very stuttery. please help. And that's sort of why i'm asking about the drivers.

D

Deleted member 217926

I have not played FSX but have read a bit about it. It is a CPU bound game so it relies on a powerful highly clocked CPU to run well and not so much on the graphics card. You do have a powerful highly clocked CPU but even with what you have I am reading of people getting the same frame rates as you with similar systems.

There is a .cfg file you can edit to make the game use more than 2 cores it seems. Have you tried that? Maybe some useful stuff here.

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3381948/all/FSX_FPS_problems.html

Here is a game tweaking guide. I would guess you have seen it but maybe not.

http://www.simforums.com/forums/topic29041.html

I really do not think going to Nvidia will help you too much. I think the game itself is just very demanding much the same way Crysis is an older game that is still used to benchmark new systems. I think you are just going to have to adjust the graphics detail until you get playable framerates.

You might want to start a new thread titled "FSX problems" or something similar and hopefully someone who plays the game can help you better than I can.