Crossfire issue?

neopunx

Honorable
May 17, 2012
Hi all,
So I built a gaming PC recently, and have started having problems since I CF my system. Here are my Specs:

Intel Core i5-2500K
G.Skill Sniper Series 16GB (4X4GB) DDR3 1866
XFX DD HD 7870 BE (CF)
OCZ Vertex 4 128GB
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB
Thermaltake TPG-1200W
Asus Sabertooth Z77
Cooler Master HAF X BE
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus
Asus BD Burner/Samsung DVD Burner
Acer GD235HZbid
Windows 7 Home Premium 64

The problem is, about half the time when I try to play a game (Aion, SW:TOR), it crashes my computer. Most of the time it won't even go to a blue screen, just go straight into reboot. I've been on the XFX support site with a tech for like two weeks, and nothing has helped. I've uninstalled and re-installed CCC countless times using the drive sweeper and safe boot. I've tried both cards individually(power off, unplugged) and they are both fine alone. I've traded slots with the cards(power off, unplugged), still no help. I've traded PSU's and gone up from a 850W to the current one. What's the deal? Not sure what else I can say besides, I've ordered a I7-3770K recently and am waiting on it. Please help, you're my only hope.

i have this mb..if you have the stock bios please flash the mb using the usb flash back tool to 1015. the two bios fix issue with cpu code and ram. after the flash is done please go in hit f5 factory settings then boot into windows then shut down and use the clear the cmos jumper to clear the cmos. there is a issue where after a mb flash update the sabertooth dont shut down the fans will stay on but there wont be any video. clearing the cmos fixes that bug. when your back into windows use gpu-z and see if both cards are the same..ie same bios..same part number same clock speed. also check that that mb slots reading both cards at 8x speed. if the games still crash try going into the bios there a setting for pci bus speed. it not grayed out for me becuase i have an ib chip i can set it as pci 3.0 16x or 16x pci 2.0 speed. if i had two card i could set it as 8x or 8x the default is auto.
the last thing to check is a ram issue. run cpu-z maske sure all the ram is the same and look at the speed in the spd tab.
(xmp profile). then check your ram speed and timing. in the advance mode in the ai tab you can switch the ram from auto to xmp. also check that the ram on the mb or ram vendor guild as tested ram. if it not try removing 1/2 the ram and see if the error change. asus support will tell you to start with one dimm and move it to all the slots to see if the slots are fine.

neopunx

Honorable
May 17, 2012
So i cleared CMOS and it didn't seem to help. I have run window memory test on my ram twice and it has passed. I tried to use GPU-Z, but that is also now crashing my system. I'm about to shoot this thing.

neopunx

Honorable
May 17, 2012
I've just got finished trading the RAM around, and it seemed to work the same in all slots, but would still crash 25-50% of the time when I loaded up a game. CPU-Z showed me that all RAM being read. It does say DRAM freq is at 933.3MHz under memory tag, but under SPD it says 800MHz. Is there a difference? I thought they should be the same, and higher. I walked around in the BIOS settings but could not find a bus speed adjustment anywhere, also I looked in the manual. It could be that Im to frustrated to see it right now. Where did you find it? Thanks for your help so far.

are you runing the 1015 bios there a lot of bug fixes for cpu and ram. for cpu-z on the spd tab the last row should say xmp that the max rated speed for the ram. under it will be the timing for the ram. in the zabertooth bios to get the ram to run at xmp speed you go under the ia tweeker and change it from auto to xmp.

neopunx

Honorable
May 17, 2012
Also, I am not getting blue screen of death anymore. I get horizontal black lines, then reboot half the time, and the other half is just hard reboot. My Key board/mouse will loose power before signal on sreen stops. Any ideas?

check that you have the pci video cards the first boot device. also check that you have the lucent/intel igpu feature turned off. it buggy as all heck. run with just the gpus. the last issue look at the power supply and if it has more then one 12v leg stamp on the side of it make sure that your not overloading one of the legs on the power supply. to me it looks like your power supply is the issue. if the system runs intel burn in or prime95 without error then it not the cpu and ram.

neopunx

Honorable
May 17, 2012
Sorry, had to go out of town. Before I left I re-installed the OS and now my crashes have completely stop. Is this due to a bad install the first go around or could it be bad memory sticks? I ran them through mem test and they all passed. Not sure whats up now.

TRENDING THREADS