Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Sapphire radeon HD 6950 2GB vs XFX Double D radeon HD 6950 2GB

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 28, 2012 4:05:45 AM

just wondering, what's the difference between these two cards performance wise ?
May 28, 2012 4:22:07 AM

Check the differences in Core and shader clocks, and memory clock.

Other than that, the only differences would be cooling efficiency and possibly connectivity.

I don't have numbers for temps on either card, but they would realistically work the same. XFX cards have outstanding warranties, so that may be a deciding factor.
a b U Graphics card
May 28, 2012 4:23:14 AM

xfx DD is overclocked which means it is better than a card with standard clock speeds.is also has better cooling and more overclocking potential then a reference card.
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
May 28, 2012 4:25:16 AM

sapphire is better option, xfx has heatness issue, if you don't believe just google it many people having heatness issue with xfx..
a b U Graphics card
May 28, 2012 5:17:09 AM

xtreme5 said:
sapphire is better option, xfx has heatness issue, if you don't believe just google it many people having heatness issue with xfx..

how can say that? xfx DD has one of the best cooling out there.a non reference card> reference in most of the cases.

May 28, 2012 4:16:35 PM

now i'm a bit worried, could you provide me a link of the forums that are complaining so much about the card ? you don't have to if you don't want to of course.
a b U Graphics card
May 28, 2012 4:27:29 PM

no card is 'ALL GOOD'.
a c 91 U Graphics card
May 28, 2012 4:52:32 PM

I have the xfx with the single fan ( non oc ) and the sapphire....... sapphire was faster out of the box and ran cooler.......... it also has an oc switch on it...... shader unlock or whatever. haven't used it.

Best solution

May 28, 2012 6:05:34 PM

honestly, the XFX is probably your safer option.

@ swifty, you're trying to relate two vastly different cards.

This xfx has a dual fan setup, it's not a blower style card.

OP, either card is going to enable roughly the same amount of frames as the other card will. How many FPS it will net you in reality will depend on your current setup and if there are any bottlenecks to your system.

I wish you best of luck with your choice, as they are both incredible cards.
May 29, 2012 1:21:23 AM

i have always had better luck with XFX card due to their warranty and cooling.
May 29, 2012 2:29:32 AM

Best answer selected by persona.
!