empty recycle bin upon logoff

is there a way to empty the recycle bin upon logging off the system?

Many thanks.

Kent

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:Ec45e.216$tK1.1930@news.uswest.net,
Kent Shih <kentshih@yahoo.com> had this to say:

> is there a way to empty the recycle bin upon logging off the system?
>
> Many thanks.
>
> Kent

I think you'd have to write a script and then use the group policy editor to
run it at logoff. I'm pretty sure you could do it in VBScript but I've never
seen it done.

Galen

kelly

Hmm, bottom poster. Will add this to my todo list. It can be done. :eek:)

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

> In news:Ec45e.216$tK1.1930@news.uswest.net,
> Kent Shih <kentshih@yahoo.com> had this to say:

>> is there a way to empty the recycle bin upon logging off the system?
>>
>> Many thanks.
>>
>> Kent
>
> I think you'd have to write a script and then use the group policy editor
> to run it at logoff. I'm pretty sure you could do it in VBScript but I've
> never seen it done.
>
> Galen
> --
> Signature changed for a moment of silence.
> Rest well Alex and we'll see you on the other side.

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:%23IqAle0OFHA.2144@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
Kelly <kelly@mvps.org> had this to say:

> Hmm, bottom poster. Will add this to my todo list. It can be done.

Yes it can, no one had one available for me to share. Ping me when you're
done, I'll beta it.

Galen

G'day all;

Kent Shih wrote:
> is there a way to empty the recycle bin upon logging off the system?
Um, as others more learned than I have pointed out, there is...

But methinks that you probably should eschew such a move. I've had my bacon
saved more than once by being able to recover things mistakenly
deleted--under the best of intentions, of course.

The errors weren't discovered until I tried to reboot, and then only saved
because of "Safe Mode" and access to the recovery console..

But hey! That's probably something that only happens to a "know-it-all"
klutz like me...:)-o)!

Dusty
--
Remove STORE to reply

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:%23IRNa9%23OFHA.2568@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
DustyB <bakerboy@innerSTORElodge.com> had this to say:

> But hey! That's probably something that only happens to a
> "know-it-all" klutz like me...:)-o)!

Nah, it happens to me often enough to keep restore running just like it is
and to allow it all the space it needs to store files for as long as it
feels happy to do so. I seldom clean it out though I've a great deal of disk
space. Actually? This PC has been up and running since it's build date about
two months ago with only minimal reboots, no cleaning, no defrag, no
scandisk, and I've never once emptied the recycle bin. I'll test anything
though, that's just who I am. So it happens to people like me who know
nothing ;) You don't have to 'know it all' to have your hide saved by the
recycle bin. Kind of like I'm surely not going to turn off the restore
feature. I may clone my drive often but that restore feature's going to come
in handy some day.

You know? It's amazing how well Windows XP actually runs when you just let
it do it's thing.

Galen

> But methinks that you probably should eschew such a move. I've had my
> bacon saved more than once by being able to recover things mistakenly
> deleted--under the best of intentions, of course.

Pfft...the only thing the Recycle Bin has thought me is to hit Shift-Del
instead of just Del. I'm trying to get out of that habit.

:eek:)

kelly

Will do, Galen. :eek:)

--