Power supply
Motherboard
Monitor
CPU cooling
Case

More about : brand

July 21, 2012 2:28:56 AM

that doesnt happen.

give me your budget range, what parts you dont need, and where you live so that we can help tailor a system for your needs

generally for motherboards, asus does the best job but they dont have much value. gigabyte has the most value

generally for video cards, you have the amd side and the nvidia side. for amd cards, id go with xfx, asus, msi, sapphire in that order. for nvidia cards, id go with evga, asus, msi , and gigabyte

generally for solid state drives, id get crucial, mushkin (because i own one), samsung, intel. i opted for value in this list. mushkin right now has the best value out of all since their mushkin chronos deluxe 240gb SSD is selling for 169.99 after MIR which is killer since it uses the highest tier NAND cells out of all consumer based SSDs

for hard drives its either seagate or WD. WD has a longer warranty but you pay much more. seagate has a shorter warranty, much better pricing

for memory, it doesnt really matter as long as it fits under heatsinks, it costs 40-46 dollars, and it doesnt use more than 1.5v as more than 1.5v can damage intel memory controllers

for monitors, samsung, asus, and dell are the ones to go for. i dont know too much about some korean brands but they have killer value given their resolution

for cpu cooling, most people go get a hyper 212 evo from cooler master. if you are looking for high-end air cooling, get a noctua nh-d14. anything more extreme than that would be custom watercooling. closed loop coolers arent worth the money that you pay for (other than the h100 maybe)

for cases, id look for cooler master, antec, corsair, fractal, nzxt, and bitfenix. it comes down to personal looks and functionality and features

for power supply, look for corsair, seasonic, xfx, silverstone, and a couple of others. if the power supply is OEM from seasonic or superflower, you are guranteed a good quality unit

m
l
July 21, 2012 3:26:16 AM

ASUS is one of the best companies when it comes to performance and build quality. That nocks out A LOT of that: Motherboard, Video Card, DVD ROM, and Monitors.
I like AMD CPUs they offer the best overclockability, and value.
Patriot offers some REALLY solid memory, otherwise Cosair.
SSDs honestly OCZ offers the best speed, but some people have problems with them. I have 4 of them and I have never had a single problem. I think people arnt updating the firmware or something.
Western Digital makes the best HD, they perform much better and offer some of the best integrity.
Power Supply is Cosair, CoolerMaster, ThermalTake, and ULTRA. With ULTRA being my favorate.
m
l
Related resources
July 21, 2012 3:31:57 AM

intel has more performance at every price point right now. but i do understand that amd has more flexibility between sockets

patriot memory is good for amd, it damages intel :( 

tbh, seagate drives perform a bit better due to the fact that they come from a much newer design.

i have yet to hear about ultra.
m
l
July 21, 2012 3:41:01 AM

Memory: gskill or corsair usually preference choice, but ram is ram and differences are extremely small. other used ramsticks would be patriot and kingston to some extent.
Video card: really it depends on card and side. this is probably the most varied part
Hard drive: atm more peopel lean on WD more than Seagate for the big 2 atm
Solid-state drive: Intels is labeled the most reliable albeit the highest price
Power supply: Generally seasonic made ones are almost always the most prefered, but there are other manufacturers(not necessarily brands) that do a good job as well, it depends on the budget range.
Motherboard: varies, preference usually sides with Asus and Gigbyte and Asrock generally but whatever does it does it.
Monitor: something i havent dove into
CPU cooling: too many choices that are decent
Case: there is no best case company, they all make some good and some bad cases
m
l
July 21, 2012 3:44:19 AM

dudewitbow said:
Memory: gskill or corsair usually preference choice, but ram is ram and differences are extremely small. other used ramsticks would be patriot and kingston to some extent.
Video card: really it depends on card and side. this is probably the most varied part
Hard drive: atm more peopel lean on WD more than Seagate for the big 2 atm
Solid-state drive: Intels is labeled the most reliable albeit the highest price
Power supply: Generally seasonic made ones are almost always the most prefered, but there are other manufacturers(not necessarily brands) that do a good job as well, it depends on the budget range.
Motherboard: varies, preference usually sides with Asus and Gigbyte and Asrock generally but whatever does it does it.
Monitor: something i havent dove into
CPU cooling: too many choices that are decent
Case: there is no best case company, they all make some good and some bad cases
I agree with this ;) 
m
l
July 21, 2012 3:52:01 AM

Memory- GSKILL
Video card- GTX 690
Hard drive-WD Caviar Black
Solid-state drive- I am not sure
Power supply -Seasonic