Best Gaming headset

daiwek

Honorable
Jul 12, 2012
Hey I'm looking for a good headset to use while gaming. My ASRock Pro4 apparenty has 7.1 audio so I'm a little skeptical of that. I'm joining a UGC team and I have to have a mic so I can Skype with the other members.

Some headsets that stood out to me:

Corsair Vengence 1500
Steelseries 7h

audioranger

Honorable
Jan 17, 2013
Hi daiwek!

Onboard audio has come a long way in recent years. Audiophiles will still swear by high-end soundcards (and for good reason), but that's not to say onboard 7.1 audio isn't still great - i have an asrock mobo as well and have been more than pleased with the quality of its 7.1 audio.

In regards to models: all the Corsair headsets I've tested have performed quite well, including the 1500. The 1500 is one of their better wired headsets out there for under $100, and the build quality is surprisingly good. The steelsseries 7h are also good, provided you purchase the 3.5mm kind and not the USB kind, but I've heard they don't quite warrant the $130 price tag (at that price there are better models)

If you wanna go to the next level up, the Beyerdynamic MMX 300's are getting insane reviews, and the Sennheiser HD555 are equally as impressive. It all depends on how much you want to spend. Just remember- you can still get high quality sound from onboard audio! :)

cheers,

-audioranger