Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Bottlenecking a Gtx 680?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
May 28, 2012 6:11:13 AM

Hi, I'll be getting a 680 very soon and my only concern is the Bottleneck my CPU would cause, im using a Q9400 2.66 Ghz
How noticeable do you think the Bottleneck would be?
The Card is Worth getting under these conditions?
I wont be upgrading Processor for At least 6 months :s

More about : bottlenecking gtx 680

a b U Graphics card
May 28, 2012 6:28:26 AM

yes your cpu will bottleneck gtx 680.cheapest solution is to overclock your cpu.

Best solution

May 28, 2012 6:32:49 AM
Share

My personal experience with GTX 580 and Q6600 overclocked to 3.4Ghz.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/11177664778005190163...

1st : Q6600@3.4Ghz
2nd : 3930K@Stock
3rd : 3930K@Stock GTX580 SLI

There will be bigger gap if you use GTX680.
Related resources
a c 243 U Graphics card
May 28, 2012 6:38:11 AM

duhduh_13 said:
My personal experience with GTX 580 and Q6600 overclocked to 3.4Ghz.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/11177664778005190163...

1st : Q6600@3.4Ghz
2nd : 3930K@Stock
3rd : 3930K@Stock GTX580 SLI

There will be bigger gap if you use GTX680.



Nice. The Q6600 was actually a larger bottleneck than I would have thought. Good to know.
May 28, 2012 9:24:35 AM

Anonymous said:
ah ok, compared to the benches here:
http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_conten...

i seem to not see YOUR bottleneck(????) when overclocked.


Those with 4xAA and Extreme Tesselation, my test was no AA and Normal Tesselation =)

If I turn on those with my Q6600, would be 30-35fps range probably.
Anonymous
a c 117 U Graphics card
May 28, 2012 9:30:25 AM

duhduh_13 said:
Those with 4xAA and Extreme Tesselation, my test was no AA and Normal Tesselation =)

If I turn on those with my Q6600, would be 30-35fps range probably.

your saying it would "probably" cut the FPS in HALF?

sorry if i seem skeptical. i could see it going down to 40-45 from 59 but in half?!?
May 28, 2012 9:51:44 AM

Anonymous said:
your saying it would "probably" cut the FPS in HALF?

sorry if i seem skeptical. i could see it going down to 40-45 from 59 but in half?!?


I don't have the Q6600 handy anymore to run the bench.

But 30% drop (40fps) between 4xAA+Extreme Tesselation and none seems about right.
a b U Graphics card
May 29, 2012 5:12:08 PM

why dont you just buy it and enjoy !1
May 29, 2012 5:44:53 PM

Best answer selected by Pr0paneSun.
!