Re-Post: Billionton USB BT Adapter + 6310i

07/28
I am re-posting. (Perhaps my OP's are not showing up for some reason.)

A quick addendum to the 07/26 post: With BlueSoleil, I am able to establish
& maintain a serial BT connection between the cellphone and the laptop. But
I do not know what I might do with a serial BT connection. And if I want to
attempt a DUN=type link-up, I must first break the serial BT connection.
And as soon as I try to establish a DUN-type BT connection, it immediately
disconnects [before it gets even close to the "outside world" part of the
connection]!

07/26 - Follow-up:
I did a system restore back to the day before *any* BT stuff was put on the
laptop. Then I plugged in the BT adapter, and installed the complete
BlueSoleil package from IVT. It went perfectly; the s/w found & correctly
identified the adapter, and installed drivers for it. The GUI came up
nicely, and found my 6310i immediately. I paired the 2 devices, and
configured the BlueSoleil DUN. When I launched the DUN, the 2 devices
connected...

....and immediately disconnected!!!!! Many re-tries produce identical
results.

Aaagghhh.

07/25
Greetings. This is a 6310i with 5.50 FW. (Phone works fine with Jabra BT
h/s)

New USB BT adapter -- USBBT02 -- with most current s/w... + laptop computer.
Pairing is instant, and connection can be initiated by either laptop or
phone...but connection will only last for 1 to 3 seconds. Have tried MANY
times. Same. Have removed/re-installed BT s/w, and same for BT adapter
drivers. Nothing helps. Have tried placing phone right next to USB
adapter. No difference.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

TIA
Ron
ON, CDA
5 answers Last reply
More about post billionton adapter 6310i

    "Ron" <pls-reply2group@urleisure.ca> wrote in message
    > 07/28
    > I am re-posting. (Perhaps my OP's are not showing up for some reason.)
    >
    > A quick addendum to the 07/26 post: With BlueSoleil, I am able to
    establish
    > & maintain a serial BT connection between the cellphone and the laptop.
    But
    > I do not know what I might do with a serial BT connection. And if I want
    > attempt a DUN=type link-up, I must first break the serial BT connection.
    > And as soon as I try to establish a DUN-type BT connection, it immediately
    > disconnects [before it gets even close to the "outside world" part of the
    > connection]!
    >
    > 07/26 - Follow-up:
    > I did a system restore back to the day before *any* BT stuff was put on
    the
    > laptop. Then I plugged in the BT adapter, and installed the complete
    > BlueSoleil package from IVT. It went perfectly; the s/w found & correctly
    > identified the adapter, and installed drivers for it. The GUI came up
    > nicely, and found my 6310i immediately. I paired the 2 devices, and
    > configured the BlueSoleil DUN. When I launched the DUN, the 2 devices
    > connected...
    >
    > ...and immediately disconnected!!!!! Many re-tries produce identical
    > results.
    >
    > Aaagghhh.
    >
    > 07/25
    > Greetings. This is a 6310i with 5.50 FW. (Phone works fine with Jabra BT
    > h/s)
    >
    > New USB BT adapter -- USBBT02 -- with most current s/w... + laptop
    computer.
    > Pairing is instant, and connection can be initiated by either laptop or
    > phone...but connection will only last for 1 to 3 seconds. Have tried MANY
    > times. Same. Have removed/re-installed BT s/w, and same for BT adapter
    > drivers. Nothing helps. Have tried placing phone right next to USB
    > adapter. No difference.
    >
    > Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > TIA
    > Ron
    > ON, CDA

    What is your Windows OS?
    I had the same problem with a Belkin PCCard BT adapter when using Windows
    98se. I never did get it to work.
    Recently I got a new laptop with Windows XP Pro and decided to try the same
    card. It worked immediately after installing the software and has never
    caused a problem since!!
    I use mine both as a Com port and DUN connection to Internet.

    Also make certain the 6310i phone has software 5.50 or later (I believe the
    latest is 5.51). Mine has 5.51.

    John..

    (Thanks for confirming my [initial] appearance :-| At least I know I'm not
    invisible!)

    John - the f/w is 5.50...flashed up just a few days ago in an attempt to
    resolve this issue. I run WinXP-H, which is fully updated, and seems rock
    stable.

    Meanwhile I have written to Billionton, and they have asked for the p/n and
    s/n of the adapter. I've sent that off, and hopefully they will now reply
    with a simple/guaranteed fix. (Yeah, right!)

    I also informed them that I am disappointed to discover how complex this
    adventure is...despite my reasonable level of expertise with computers in
    general.

    I will follow up in this thread.

    Regards,
    Ron

    Ron wrote:

    > 07/28
    > I am re-posting. (Perhaps my OP's are not showing up for some reason.)
    >
    > A quick addendum to the 07/26 post: With BlueSoleil, I am able to establish
    > & maintain a serial BT connection between the cellphone and the laptop. But
    > I do not know what I might do with a serial BT connection. And if I want to
    > attempt a DUN=type link-up, I must first break the serial BT connection.
    > And as soon as I try to establish a DUN-type BT connection, it immediately
    > disconnects [before it gets even close to the "outside world" part of the
    > connection]!
    >
    > 07/26 - Follow-up:
    > I did a system restore back to the day before *any* BT stuff was put on the
    > laptop. Then I plugged in the BT adapter, and installed the complete
    > BlueSoleil package from IVT. It went perfectly; the s/w found & correctly
    > identified the adapter, and installed drivers for it. The GUI came up
    > nicely, and found my 6310i immediately. I paired the 2 devices, and
    > configured the BlueSoleil DUN. When I launched the DUN, the 2 devices
    > connected...
    >
    > ....and immediately disconnected!!!!! Many re-tries produce identical
    > results.
    >
    > Aaagghhh.
    >
    > 07/25
    > Greetings. This is a 6310i with 5.50 FW. (Phone works fine with Jabra BT
    > h/s)
    >
    > New USB BT adapter -- USBBT02 -- with most current s/w... + laptop computer.
    > Pairing is instant, and connection can be initiated by either laptop or
    > phone...but connection will only last for 1 to 3 seconds. Have tried MANY
    > times. Same. Have removed/re-installed BT s/w, and same for BT adapter
    > drivers. Nothing helps. Have tried placing phone right next to USB
    > adapter. No difference.
    >
    > Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > TIA
    > Ron
    > ON, CDA

    Sorry, I can't help you.
    This is just to let you know your post & previous one does show in
    alt.cellular.nokia

    Persuming, that you use Serial for BT, you can use your infer -red on the
    Laptop in no Infer- Red then purchase a usb-irda adapter which is quite
    cheap, and install Nokia suite and it will put in modem drivers, once you
    activate irda on the 6310i you will have the means to connect to the
    internet via your mobile phone, in the "Control Panel" you can create 2
    network connection one using your BT DUN and one usinng your "NOKIA 6310i
    GSM DRIVER"

    "Ron" <pls-reply2group@urleisure.ca> wrote in message
    > 07/28
    > I am re-posting. (Perhaps my OP's are not showing up for some reason.)
    >
    > A quick addendum to the 07/26 post: With BlueSoleil, I am able to
    establish
    > & maintain a serial BT connection between the cellphone and the laptop.
    But
    > I do not know what I might do with a serial BT connection. And if I want
    > attempt a DUN=type link-up, I must first break the serial BT connection.
    > And as soon as I try to establish a DUN-type BT connection, it immediately
    > disconnects [before it gets even close to the "outside world" part of the
    > connection]!
    >
    > 07/26 - Follow-up:
    > I did a system restore back to the day before *any* BT stuff was put on
    the
    > laptop. Then I plugged in the BT adapter, and installed the complete
    > BlueSoleil package from IVT. It went perfectly; the s/w found & correctly
    > identified the adapter, and installed drivers for it. The GUI came up
    > nicely, and found my 6310i immediately. I paired the 2 devices, and
    > configured the BlueSoleil DUN. When I launched the DUN, the 2 devices
    > connected...
    >
    > ...and immediately disconnected!!!!! Many re-tries produce identical
    > results.
    >
    > Aaagghhh.
    >
    > 07/25
    > Greetings. This is a 6310i with 5.50 FW. (Phone works fine with Jabra BT
    > h/s)
    >
    > New USB BT adapter -- USBBT02 -- with most current s/w... + laptop
    computer.
    > Pairing is instant, and connection can be initiated by either laptop or
    > phone...but connection will only last for 1 to 3 seconds. Have tried MANY
    > times. Same. Have removed/re-installed BT s/w, and same for BT adapter
    > drivers. Nothing helps. Have tried placing phone right next to USB
    > adapter. No difference.
    >
    > Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > TIA
    > Ron
    > ON, CDA

    Thanks for that. I've invested more than a few dollars for the USB BT
    adapter...so I want to see what Billionton says before I decide to shelve
    it.

    I will follow up in this thread when/if they respond.

    Cheers
    Ron

Nokia Connection