Sign in with
Your question

Which one is fastest and compatible

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 28, 2012 10:35:12 AM
a c 291 U Graphics card
May 28, 2012 10:36:21 AM

Neither will work with your power supply. Your best bet is HD 7750 if you don't want to upgrade your power supply.
m
l
a c 1369 U Graphics card
a c 142 å Intel
May 28, 2012 12:11:18 PM

HD7750 might even be pushing it on a 250watt unless the PSU is a quality unit.
m
l
Related resources
a c 291 U Graphics card
May 28, 2012 12:21:48 PM

Not really. The card on itself uses no more than 40w on full load. That leaves A LOT of room for the rest of the PC.
m
l
a c 1369 U Graphics card
a c 142 å Intel
May 28, 2012 12:29:59 PM

My worry is if the PSU has 13-14amps on the +12volts it would be pushing it. 16amps or more I would go for it.
m
l
a c 291 U Graphics card
May 28, 2012 12:32:22 PM

I guess it depends on the rest of his specs, like CPU. If it's something like 65W TDP, it will work for sure. However, if it's a high end CPU like i5 with 95W TDP, it might be pushing it.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
May 28, 2012 2:10:46 PM

Sunius said:
I guess it depends on the rest of his specs, like CPU. If it's something like 65W TDP, it will work for sure. However, if it's a high end CPU like i5 with 95W TDP, it might be pushing it.

Total watt supply really has nothing to do with whether or not a particular PSU will supply enough power to run a piece of hardware. Manufactures will give a PSU a total watt rating as a general guide, but as already mentioned here, what really matters is how many AMPS of clean, steady power the PSU will push on the 12volt rails. If the PSU is of a cheap generic variety, then its not going to get the job done, period. If it is a high quality unit, then it may be able to support a a more serious GPU upgrade, even if the the total wattage seems comparitively low. Total watts a PSU puts out is a good place to start, but you have to dig deeper and get all the actual line specs of a PSU to be certain it is going to supply enough power for an upgrade like a video card.
m
l
a c 291 U Graphics card
May 28, 2012 4:08:15 PM

jitpublisher said:
Total watt supply really has nothing to do with whether or not a particular PSU will supply enough power to run a piece of hardware. Manufactures will give a PSU a total watt rating as a general guide, but as already mentioned here, what really matters is how many AMPS of clean, steady power the PSU will push on the 12volt rails. If the PSU is of a cheap generic variety, then its not going to get the job done, period. If it is a high quality unit, then it may be able to support a a more serious GPU upgrade, even if the the total wattage seems comparitively low. Total watts a PSU puts out is a good place to start, but you have to dig deeper and get all the actual line specs of a PSU to be certain it is going to supply enough power for an upgrade like a video card.

When talking about low wattages like 250 watt, those power supplies WILL deliver at least 200 watts. 200 Watts is enough for low power graphics card system.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
May 28, 2012 4:20:15 PM

Sunius said:
When talking about low wattages like 250 watt, those power supplies WILL deliver at least 200 watts. 200 Watts is enough for low power graphics card system.

Once again, total delivered watts is not what is important. Its all about the amp supply on the 12 volt rails. However I agree with you that it is generally true that a low power GPU will work fine with a 250watt PSU as long as there is not a lot of other hardware installed in the system.
m
l
May 28, 2012 4:43:04 PM

2665167,1,1162787 said:
i have iball piano 126 with 250 watt smps and dh55hc Intel motherboard

and which one is the fastest one

2.http://www.flipkart.com/sapphire-amd-ati-radeon-hd-6870...

This is a personal opinion. I used one of these in a build, and worked very well. Also, You have a PCIe Rev. 2 board, so don't pay the extra hundred+ for a Rev. 3 card......it won't be any faster in a 2.0 slot.
As for the PSU thing...250 watts isn't enough. The XFX 6870 literature states "500 Watt or greater power supply", I doubt the Sapphire's draw is much different. In fact, there isn't a card on your list that won't starve your build at less than 450w.
Here's a calculator to help with the power you'll need.... http://extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp

m
l
!