I think my graphic card has done his career :/

barvaknin

Honorable
May 10, 2012
Hello guys,
I would like you help me to check some things about my graphic card..
I use the card NVIDIA GeForce 9600GT 512 ram,and I think his done his career..,I mean,for example,I run the game GTA IV with him and it crash every time,I changed drivers and it still crash,the picture is frozen and I can do nothing..,I did a check with my self,I have another graphic card,NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS,I run the game after I disconnect the 9600GT and connect the 8400GS and the game work..the fps is very low but it works..
Other thing is that when I am just at the internet in a normal web page the picture is frozen and the PC work slow..,and when I connecting the other graphic card(8400 GS),it's work perfect without any "lags" or low fps..
Please guys help me I would be very happy if there any way to help my 9600GT graphic card and not buy a new one :S..thanks.

Look at your card: are any condensers (the small round parts) burst?
* If yes, you can try replacing them (requires soldering iron skills).
* If not, then it's probably a problem with either the RAM or GPU chips. You can then try the following.

You can try downclocking one or the other, which may restore stability at the cost of performance.
You may even edit the VBIOS to disable some processing units until you find the fried one - again, at the cost of performance.

However, the very fact that you're asking this shows that you can't really do that. Considering the age of that card, I'd suggest getting a replacement - for a hundred bucks you'd get a far more powerful card now.

barvaknin

Honorable
May 10, 2012

You sure for hundred presents the card are done ?