Computer upgrade need a little help

Adam380

Honorable
Jul 20, 2012
Right my little brother wants to join me in playing the upcoming guild wars 2 and borderlands 2 so I have given him my old computer but it needs a bit of a dust out and an upgrade before it's good to go.

At the moment the specs are:
Processor: AMX Phenom ii x6 1055t stock
Graphics card: HD 5770 (had been a horrible card always loud and high temps)
Motherboard: as rock n68ucc
Ram: corsair 8gb
Case: had 922
PSU: some cheap unbranded rubbish 750w

Now hopefully without bottlenecking I'm looking at only upgrading the PSU and g card as I'm on a budget I was looking at:

Graphics card: gtx 560ti oc twin frozr

Link - http://www.ebuyer.com/280613-msi-g [...] frozrii-oc

Power supply: now wasn't sure on how much I need but either the corsair tx v2 650w. Or 750w.

Please let me know if you think it will bottleneck and what power supply I should get.

Also is that a good type of 560ti there's so many of that version.

Some extra notes:

My old card was hd 5770 has been horrible ever since I got it even had it replaced for another 5770 and still it was horrid reaching 83c even on low demanding games and high temps meant the fan would run pretty much 100% spinning speed and was so loud even with headphones on you could hear it.

Edit I'm looking to purchase this Monday so would much appreciate a response before then.

What's the resolution?

The 7850 would be a better, cooler card if you can fit it in the budget. A quality 550W or higher should be plenty. 750W is overkill. I'd also consider a CPU cooler and overclock and it'd be very capable

Adam380

Honorable
Jul 20, 2012

Resoultion 1920 1080 also I have a hyper 212 plus cooler I just don't really like to oc :)

Personally I'd go with the 7850. But with the CPU stuck at 2.8GHz its gonna bottleneck in CPU intensive games. You really ought to be able to get 3.5GHz out of it if case cooling is ok, which is.+25%. Nothing to sneeze at. But you're call on that

Adam380

Honorable
Jul 20, 2012

To be honest I'm not looking to get another Amd Gpu from personal experience I think they are way to loud on load and get to hot ( I know not every Amd card would but I'm going to jump the boat and climb onto Nvidia side for a bit see how they match up)

Also I don't know alot about overclocking which is why I never have bothered to try it I would rather leave it stock than risk messing things up.