Sign in with
Your question

Question about my cpu fan again

Last response: in CPUs
December 2, 2012 7:42:20 AM

hear is the deal, when i start my pc the fan runs, then i get cpu fan error and it stops(i can visually see when it stops), so i unplug the cpu fan and try again, still get cpu fan error but the fan keeps working (so i can boot my pc fully and use it, untill i restart it). idk what the problem is, to me it just sounds like a poor connections but would like someone else's opinions (btw i just got new mobo and cpu for my computer so they should be fine.) i have never used the stock cpu cooler and heatsink as when i got the mobo i right away installed my after market cpu cooler, i cant tell you if this was a issue with my old mobo because it was not compatible so i had to wait to get a new mobo to use it. the cooler is the alpine 64 pro, the fan is 4 pin. Im running Asus M5A78L-M USB3 with the amd fx-4100 3.6GHz. any help would be nice, thanks in advance

More about : question cpu fan

December 2, 2012 8:10:06 AM

i kinda have the same problem as you but my cpu fan runs ok but just says cpu fan error and runs perfectly fine...
a c 109 à CPUs
December 2, 2012 8:33:40 AM

It is spinning too slow for the motherboard to recognize it (some motherboards have a certain minimum speed that will stop it from detecting fans spinning under this value, it is usually 200-750RPM).
Related resources
December 2, 2012 9:04:28 AM

jay_nar2012 said:
It is spinning too slow for the motherboard to recognize it (some motherboards have a certain minimum speed that will stop it from detecting fans spinning under this value, it is usually 200-750RPM).

It is not spinning to slow, i stops, i can physically see it
a c 109 à CPUs
December 2, 2012 9:12:21 AM

Well then thats your problem, you need to test the fan if it is faulty, try it in another fan connector.
December 2, 2012 10:18:07 AM

jay_nar2012 said:
Well then thats your problem, you need to test the fan if it is faulty, try it in another fan connector.

how do i test the fan
a c 109 à CPUs
December 2, 2012 10:19:09 AM

Try it in the case or chassis fan connector.
December 2, 2012 12:46:41 PM

jay_nar2012 said:
Try it in the case or chassis fan connector.

since the fan is 4 pin will it work in the 3 pin chasis fan, just without speed control?
a c 109 à CPUs
December 2, 2012 1:38:23 PM

Yes.
December 3, 2012 1:06:47 PM

jay_nar2012 said:
Yes.

hello again, sorry i didnt reply in so long i had to study and i just come back from school, so i plugged it into the 3 pin chasis fain and its fine, i read somewhere that the fan is only set to come on after a certain temperature, could this be true for me?
!