Question about my cpu fan again

hear is the deal, when i start my pc the fan runs, then i get cpu fan error and it stops(i can visually see when it stops), so i unplug the cpu fan and try again, still get cpu fan error but the fan keeps working (so i can boot my pc fully and use it, untill i restart it). idk what the problem is, to me it just sounds like a poor connections but would like someone else's opinions (btw i just got new mobo and cpu for my computer so they should be fine.) i have never used the stock cpu cooler and heatsink as when i got the mobo i right away installed my after market cpu cooler, i cant tell you if this was a issue with my old mobo because it was not compatible so i had to wait to get a new mobo to use it. the cooler is the alpine 64 pro, the fan is 4 pin. Im running Asus M5A78L-M USB3 with the amd fx-4100 3.6GHz. any help would be nice, thanks in advance
9 answers Last reply
More about question again
  1. i kinda have the same problem as you but my cpu fan runs ok but just says cpu fan error and runs perfectly fine...
  2. It is spinning too slow for the motherboard to recognize it (some motherboards have a certain minimum speed that will stop it from detecting fans spinning under this value, it is usually 200-750RPM).
  3. jay_nar2012 said:
    It is spinning too slow for the motherboard to recognize it (some motherboards have a certain minimum speed that will stop it from detecting fans spinning under this value, it is usually 200-750RPM).

It is not spinning to slow, i stops, i can physically see it
  4. Well then thats your problem, you need to test the fan if it is faulty, try it in another fan connector.
  5. jay_nar2012 said:
    Well then thats your problem, you need to test the fan if it is faulty, try it in another fan connector.

how do i test the fan
  6. Try it in the case or chassis fan connector.
  7. jay_nar2012 said:
    Try it in the case or chassis fan connector.

since the fan is 4 pin will it work in the 3 pin chasis fan, just without speed control?
  8. Yes.
  9. jay_nar2012 said:
    Yes.

hello again, sorry i didnt reply in so long i had to study and i just come back from school, so i plugged it into the 3 pin chasis fain and its fine, i read somewhere that the fan is only set to come on after a certain temperature, could this be true for me?
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Cooling Fan