Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Help with power supply!

Last response: in Components
Share
Related resources
a c 164 ) Power supply
December 2, 2012 12:52:02 PM

antec neo eco 400w, its a better platform then the others mentioned above and its $40 out the door with no need to wait for an MIR

it does not come with a power cord so you will need to re-use an existing one

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
December 2, 2012 12:54:29 PM
Share

Vp 450 is better that 400W Eco neo and it has more 50W + it can deliver up to 550+W

So no discuss
a c 164 ) Power supply
December 2, 2012 1:28:51 PM

prototype18 said:
Vp 450 is better that 400W Eco neo and it has more 50W + it can deliver up to 550+W

So no discuss


please learn a thing or two about power supplies before posting and making yourself look like a complete idiot. the neo eco is built on a seasonic platform. corsair used it in their old CX400 and it delivered over 480w

"The transient filtering stage from this power supply is flawless, providing one X capacitor, two Y capacitors and one ferrite coil more than required. This is really nice to see, especially on an entry-level product."


Costing only USD 50, it provides an outstanding cost/benefit ratio. If you are building a mainstream PC and are not thinking of installing a very high-end video card you can buy this power supply with your eyes closed.

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Corsair-CX400W-P...

the VP 450 while very good uses a cheaper FSP platform and cheaper fan.
a c 260 ) Power supply
December 2, 2012 1:50:01 PM

Multisupermono said:
I'm looking to save money but not skimp on quality power supplies. Here is my build save for the power supply: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qyi1 I went to the Newegg, and eXtreme PSU calculators and they both told me to get a 350W power supply. I found an antec one ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... ) for $30, should i get it?


The good news is: You now have three very good & inexpensive
PSU's from which to choose!

Tom
a c 164 ) Power supply
December 2, 2012 1:51:54 PM

prototype18 said:
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Antec-VP450-Powe...

Well you need to learn !

Its just 31$.

The Cx 430V2

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Corsair-CX430-V2...

Better than the old version and its only 35$.

Both defeat that 400W Neo


the CX 430 (with its mix of Taiwanese and Chinese caps) has never been better then the CX400, you can ask anyone who knows a thing or two about PSU.

its understandable from your all your responses that you fail to understand the components within a PSU. idiot fan boys like you come to this web site all the time and post your incorrect opinions thinking you know something, you all get run off in the end with your lack of knowledge.
a b ) Power supply
December 2, 2012 1:59:06 PM

ct1615 said:
the CX 430 (with its mix of Taiwanese and Chinese caps) has never been better then the CX400, you can ask anyone who knows a thing or two about PSU.

its understandable from your all your responses that you fail to understand the components within a PSU. idiot fan boys like you come to this web site all the time and post your incorrect opinions thinking you know something, you all get run off in the end with your lack of knowledge.


You are such a retard. U linked antec /i linked antec . HOW CAN I BE FANBOY ?? ?

Learn more about the PSU yourself .

Cx 430 """"V2"""" not old one. And its a great PSU. But ANTEC VP 450 its more stable than that CX.

Tell whatever you like your still wrong.

And it seems you are the fanboy !
a c 164 ) Power supply
December 2, 2012 3:11:15 PM

antec is just a brand and completely meaningless once you factor out the customer relations. a PSU quality is based on the platform & components used by the OEM and the warranty placed on the product based on the those factors. Antecs PSU are made by several OEM at different price points with different parts. Some are better then others and you fail to see all of that.
December 2, 2012 3:46:41 PM

I think i'll get the VP-450 when it comes back in stock. But i would like to know if you guys knew how much the shipping cost to bring it to Austin TX.
a b ) Power supply
December 2, 2012 8:42:36 PM

Well idk . But there is states free shipping.
On amazon is 38 $ and has free shiping too
December 2, 2012 9:25:24 PM

One last question. Do you know of any good cases under $30? And is one 4gb stick of ram good for gaming? i am thinking that if i get one 4gb stick that if i want 8gb i can add another same 4gb stick. Would this be wise?
a b ) Power supply
December 2, 2012 9:43:47 PM

4Gb is good. 8Gb is perfect.

And about the case

Go to pc partpicker.com choose case and click on price. and look for a case that you like
December 3, 2012 3:36:03 AM

But could i use 1 4gb stick and leave the other slot empty?
a b ) Power supply
December 3, 2012 7:40:46 AM

Well yes you can.The ram will run on single channel .When you put the secodn stick it will run dual.
December 4, 2012 1:58:15 PM

Best answer selected by Multisupermono.
a b ) Power supply
December 4, 2012 2:16:28 PM

ct1615 said:
antec is just a brand and completely meaningless once you factor out the customer relations. a PSU quality is based on the platform & components used by the OEM and the warranty placed on the product based on the those factors. Antecs PSU are made by several OEM at different price points with different parts. Some are better then others and you fail to see all of that.



Well seems that you need some teaching about PSU.

Cheers
a c 164 ) Power supply
December 4, 2012 7:36:37 PM

prototype18 said:
Well seems that you need some teaching about PSU.

Cheers


listen kid, i have PC parts that are older then you. your incompetence is for all the world to see above no matter if you get a handful of BA awards.,
a b ) Power supply
December 4, 2012 7:44:21 PM

Well kid or non kid seems that i know more than you.

Its not about the BA. Its about giving the correct info not info based on other opinions(thats what most do)

And who cares what you have.Not always what you have (antec neo eco 400) is the best.

Antec Vp-450 is prooved to be better than it. And provides better W/Quality for less $.

So go teach WRONG somewhere else please or at least with sm1 else.

GL
a c 164 ) Power supply
December 4, 2012 7:47:58 PM

prototype18 said:
Well kid or non kid seems that i know more than you.

Its not about the BA. Its about giving the correct info not info based on other opinions(thats what most do)

And who cares what you have.Not always what you have (antec neo eco 400) is the best.

Antec Vp-450 is prooved to be better than it. And provides better W/Quality for less $.

So go teach WRONG somewhere else please or at least with sm1 else.

GL


yes you proved with a worse internal build using Chinese parts with lower temp ratings are better then a quality build using Japanese parts at higher temp ratings. everyone should use that logic

good luck in life as being the village idiot
a c 260 ) Power supply
December 4, 2012 7:52:47 PM

prototype18 said:
Well kid or non kid seems that i know more than you.

Its not about the BA. Its about giving the correct info not info based on other opinions(thats what most do)

And who cares what you have.Not always what you have (antec neo eco 400) is the best.

Antec Vp-450 is prooved to be better than it. And provides better W/Quality for less $.

So go teach WRONG somewhere else please or at least with sm1 else.

GL




^ +1
a c 1434 ) Power supply
December 4, 2012 7:54:52 PM

This topic has been closed by SR-71 Blackbird
!