Whats the best gtx 670 to pick?

Ba1rog

Honorable
May 13, 2012
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: this week

USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming pretty much all types of games diablo 3 WoW crysis max payne 3

CURRENT GPU AND POWER SUPPLY: its a new build so no GPU power is a 750W NZXT Hale90 750M, Modular,

OTHER RELEVANT SYSTEM SPECS: CPU intel i5 3570k MoBo Gigabyte GA -7ZZX -D3H RAM corsair vengeance LP 8GB CASE corsair 600T HSF hyper 212+

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: The website im most likely buying from is scan.co.uk but if anyone knows any good uk websites i dont mind using them

PARTS PREFERENCES:as the title already says im pretty set on gtx 670's just need to know what ones best

OVERCLOCKING: Maybe but nothing above the 4.2 area as ivy bridge has temp issues

SLI OR CROSSFIRE: SLI in the future when i have the money

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1920x1080

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: i want to be able to play most games on or near max settings

Ba1rog

Honorable
May 13, 2012

the FTW is sold out on scan and i dont know where else i can buy it from and what asus CU II or the II top?

Ba1rog

Honorable
May 13, 2012

ah ok well i'd probably just stick to the cu II version as im not too worried about overclocking so it looks like its between that and the POV or evga guess its just down to preferences now

Overclockers, Dabs, Ebuyer, Misco, Pixmania, Eclipse Computers and Aria spring to mind.
If you're going to get a card with a reference cooler you might as well get the cheapest you can find and overclock yourself, but that is ONLY my opinion, I've always avoided factory overclocked cards because of the price premium, but then I'm a tightwad and (sometimes terminal) tinkerer ;)
I'd go for the Asus, though, just for the superior cooler.

Thermix5

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2012
MSi GTX 670 PE is probably the best card on the market IMO.. Triple Overvoltage means you can overclock this card more than any other card, benchmarks prove that. The Twin Frozr IV cooler also is the quietest out of all of them, and the temps remain pretty low compared to any reference card/board. The Asus DCII is also a great card, and EVGA is really uncreative w/ their cards..