Your question

A gaming build around already bought/chosen PSU, CPU and Case

Tags:
  • Homebuilt
  • Cases
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
July 21, 2012 11:48:59 AM

I have already bought my Case and PSU. An Antec 300 and an XFX Pro Power 650W. I picked this up for £99 which i thought was a bargain and it's not like these two parts will get overtaken. I am pretty dead set on an i5 3570K atm as it fits the bill for my needs, OC'able, Ivy Bridge.

Approximate Purchase Date: 2-3 months as long as there isn't any major hardware changes. I am working in the summer so that is where i will get my money from.

Budget Range: £700 for everything but i don't mind reusing my old monitor for a while before getting a new one.

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, surfing the internet, watching movies

Are you buying a monitor: Yes

Do you need to buy OS: Yes

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: any UK ones

Location: North Yorkshire, UK, Can easily get to the cities in and around Yorkshire if needs be.

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: Possibly

Your Monitor Resolution: Aiming at 1920x1080 or 1920x1200

Additional Comments: I would like a quiet PC. To play SKYRIM, GTA 4, BF 3 and Dota 2. Would like it if it could run a decent minecraft server for me and a couple of friends nothing major.

Why Are You Upgrading: I have an ATI Radeon 3450 in my computer at the moment, enough said

Thinking of these parts

Crucial M4 128 GB SSD
Just any ok dvd burner that i could pick up for £20
AMD 7850 or GTX 570
Don't need HDD just yet got a few spare.
Hyper EVO 212 for OC'ing
ASRock Extreme 4 MoBo
i5 3570K

Plus the Case and PSU

Not sure which windows to get, i heard that home premium limits your RAM or something so i'm stuck between Home Premium and professional

More about : gaming build bought chosen psu cpu case

a b B Homebuilt system
July 21, 2012 12:02:59 PM

the 3570k is perfect for you
you say a 7850 or 570 i say wait for the 660ti since you say that you will be buying in 2-3 months and the 660ti come out next month
the ssd is a good reliable one
and on the windows get home premium 64bit it not home premium limiting ram its the 32bit version of windows
Related resources
!