Are scratches on the case bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vance09

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012
I'm asking this again because, sadly, I started worrying again about my case. Here's the details-

I was using my build the other day and I decided to use one of the USB ports at the top. After I was done with the cable, I let it fall (it was an ipod connector) and it hit the top of my case. I checked, couldn't find any scratches, but now I'm worried I made something microscopic or something . I'm really OCD about my electronics, but I'm not sure- are scratches on the case something to worry about?

Solution
Well yes of course it's normal! All depending on how careful at handling you are. We are humans after all! :p really though, getting a few scratches here and there are normal along the way. Knees bumping, case bumping the wall, moving case on a hard surface, dropping things, list is endless. All our minor unconscious acts contribute to invisible scratches that are visible after much accumulation. But you seem to be a careful being, I honestly and personally wouldn't worry about minor scratches. Most times they're hardly noticeable unless examining up close, and it is only you that's making yourself unsatisfied by those scratches. I'm sure other people wouldn't even notice minor scratches. Unless it's a major scratch, of course, but the...

vance09

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012
See that's the thing, I really don't like any part of my gadgets to be damaged- aesthetically including, lol. Do cases usually get scratched over the course of the lifetime?

TDZ

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2011
Are you trolling lol sorry if not, but I hardly doubt something as delicate as an ipod connector could cause any damage, macro or micro. Unless it fell from great heights directly to a part in an opened case, I wouldn't worry, especially if it hit the top of the case. As long as you don't see any major scratches, I'm sure nothing's wrong!

I've dropped a crapload on my case, including spilled/broken coffee cup, but it was perfectly fine :) Even the liquid!

vance09

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012

No, I'm serious, I just worry about these things. Is it normal for a case to get scratched as you go along? Can you get it painted to get rid of them?

vance09

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012
And, as crazy as it sounds, I'm really not trolling. I walked past my case today and the button on my pants slightly grazed it, and now I'm wondering if I made any scratches, even though I don't think it was enough to do any damage.

TDZ

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2011
Well yes of course it's normal! All depending on how careful at handling you are. We are humans after all! :p really though, getting a few scratches here and there are normal along the way. Knees bumping, case bumping the wall, moving case on a hard surface, dropping things, list is endless. All our minor unconscious acts contribute to invisible scratches that are visible after much accumulation. But you seem to be a careful being, I honestly and personally wouldn't worry about minor scratches. Most times they're hardly noticeable unless examining up close, and it is only you that's making yourself unsatisfied by those scratches. I'm sure other people wouldn't even notice minor scratches. Unless it's a major scratch, of course, but the process of getting a major scratch is difficult and probably even requires effort.

And if the case sits securely on a throne, then there wouldn't be any natural processes for scratches unless caused by you. Possibly if dust gathered over a long time, then it'd be more prone to scratches. As long as you handle your computer with care, there shouldn't be visible scratches. It's what caused the scratches I'd worry about damaging your PC. Even if it does get scratched, you can always paint it! Although it's a tedious task.

Don't worry, and always treat your PC with care :) Minor scratches are perfectly normal, and it's always fixable if it gets too bad. Best wishes!

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS