Have 3 PSUs, which to use?

TheGlow

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2011
I have these 3 PSU's at my disposal,
A corsair TX650W
Antec Truepower 750W
PC Power and Cooling Silencer 750W

I bought the corsair myself and had only used it about 2-3 monnths when a friend upgraded and gave me his Antec.
I've used that, and my situation is I have 2 260gtx cards, but I don't often keep them both in as something odd always happens.
A few months ago my system wouldnt even boot if either card was plugged into my modular pci-e plugs, so I just removed it as it wasn't critical at the time. I plugged back in yesterday and it booted but I was getting graphical glitches, and that was after 5 or so reboots where Windows wouldnt detect the other card.
This brings me to the PC Power and Cooling. Someone gave this to me a couple months ago, so I'm not sure about the lifespan or how hard it was worked. Currently had it in a simple system in the living room just for youtube and video streaming.
I checked the specs online and it looks like it has enough PCI-e and other ports.
Typically I have a sata dvd drive, then 4-5 sata hdd's and due to cabling, I end up with a few molex to sata adapters to make it work. I think the PC power and cooling looks like I should be able to use without worrying about connectors.
Only Im just not familiar with the name. Googling makes it seem like its a good unit. The plug count's look good.

Issue with corsair was only had 2 pcie plugs, and id end up using up 4 molex for the adapters to bring in 2 more. 260gtx require 2 each.

TheGlow

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2011
I've been using the Antec about a year and again, everyone now and then something fishy happens with it. I always attributed it to one of the video cards.
But individually, they both work fine. SLI, they work ok for a few weeks, but then other problems. Last being the system wouldn't even post if I had the 2 modular pcie wires plugged in. And now at boot it sometimes doesnt even see it.
I'll try the Silencer, this is the pic I snapped of the side. Looks like plenty of wires and no need to have molex to sata, molex to pcie.
http://i.imgur.com/2CXT0.jpg?1

Odd behavior, it does have a 5 year warranty, if that's an option
As long as it's stable, there's nothing wrong with the Silencer, other than the mess of wires

TheGlow

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2011
Well since they were given to me used, I'm not sure if these manufacturers will cry for a receipt.
I've gotten gifts DOA and friends are loose and throw out receipts.
As if stolen goods were that hard to fake a receipt for. On that note, is there anything preventing someone from buying a Receipt book from a 99cent store and just creating your own?