Sounds - Email Notification

April 8, 2005 10:51:01 AM

I'm reposting this question, since I haven't gotten a response yet. I'd
really appreciate any help!

After I had connected my computer to an ethernet connection for the first
time, after only previously using a wireless connection, the notification for
new email (outlook) turned into a really annoying system beep. Even after I
unplugged the ethernet connection and restarted the computer, the system beep
persisted. So I came on to this site, and found a way to get rid of the
system beep by using a kellys-korner fix-it plug in. Now no sound plays when
I get an email, yet the sound plays when I test it by pressing the play
button in control panel, AND the email options is set to "play sound". What
could be wrong?
Thanks for your help.
Anonymous
April 8, 2005 11:04:56 PM

Megan R wrote:
> I'm reposting this question, since I haven't gotten a response yet.
> I'd really appreciate any help!

I don't mean to be rude, Megan, but you really need to learn to have a
little patience. This is a peer-to-peer newsgroup, not Microsoft, and you
have waited fewer than 12 hours - it could take a couple of days for the
correct person to see your question.

Please have patience...

April 9, 2005 1:03:03 PM

"Megan R" wrote:

> I'm reposting this question, since I haven't gotten a response yet. I'd
> really appreciate any help!
>
> After I had connected my computer to an ethernet connection for the first
> time, after only previously using a wireless connection, the notification for
> new email (outlook) turned into a really annoying system beep. Even after I
> unplugged the ethernet connection and restarted the computer, the system beep
> persisted. So I came on to this site, and found a way to get rid of the
> system beep by using a kellys-korner fix-it plug in. Now no sound plays when
> I get an email, yet the sound plays when I test it by pressing the play
> button in control panel, AND the email options is set to "play sound". What
> could be wrong?
> Thanks for your help.

Do a system restore to undo what Kellys reg edit did,(this was not your
problem)
Then change your e/mail notification via "sounds and audio devices" in
control panel.
Change the sound to whatever you wish.
You can find more sounds than you know what to do with here:
http://www.incredimail.com/english/help/im/LearnHow_add...
April 10, 2005 5:59:25 AM

This was not related at all, Megan. Hope you get it resolved soon and good
luck!

--
In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/

All the Best,