Sounds - Email Notification

I'm reposting this question, since I haven't gotten a response yet. I'd
really appreciate any help!

After I had connected my computer to an ethernet connection for the first
time, after only previously using a wireless connection, the notification for
new email (outlook) turned into a really annoying system beep. Even after I
unplugged the ethernet connection and restarted the computer, the system beep
persisted. So I came on to this site, and found a way to get rid of the
system beep by using a kellys-korner fix-it plug in. Now no sound plays when
I get an email, yet the sound plays when I test it by pressing the play
button in control panel, AND the email options is set to "play sound". What
could be wrong?
Thanks for your help.
3 answers Last reply
More about sounds email notification

    Megan R wrote:
    > I'm reposting this question, since I haven't gotten a response yet.
    > I'd really appreciate any help!

    I don't mean to be rude, Megan, but you really need to learn to have a
    little patience. This is a peer-to-peer newsgroup, not Microsoft, and you
    have waited fewer than 12 hours - it could take a couple of days for the
    correct person to see your question.

    Please have patience...

    "Megan R" wrote:

    > I'm reposting this question, since I haven't gotten a response yet. I'd
    > really appreciate any help!
    >
    > After I had connected my computer to an ethernet connection for the first
    > time, after only previously using a wireless connection, the notification for
    > new email (outlook) turned into a really annoying system beep. Even after I
    > unplugged the ethernet connection and restarted the computer, the system beep
    > persisted. So I came on to this site, and found a way to get rid of the
    > system beep by using a kellys-korner fix-it plug in. Now no sound plays when
    > I get an email, yet the sound plays when I test it by pressing the play
    > button in control panel, AND the email options is set to "play sound". What
    > could be wrong?
    > Thanks for your help.

    Do a system restore to undo what Kellys reg edit did,(this was not your
    problem)
    Then change your e/mail notification via "sounds and audio devices" in
    control panel.
    Change the sound to whatever you wish.
    You can find more sounds than you know what to do with here:
    http://www.incredimail.com/english/help/im/LearnHow_add_S.html

    This was not related at all, Megan. Hope you get it resolved soon and good
    luck!

    --
    In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/

    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    "MAP" <MAP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    > "Megan R" wrote:
    >
    >> I'm reposting this question, since I haven't gotten a response yet. I'd
    >> really appreciate any help!
    >>
    >> After I had connected my computer to an ethernet connection for the first
    >> time, after only previously using a wireless connection, the notification
    >> for
    >> new email (outlook) turned into a really annoying system beep. Even
    >> after I
    >> unplugged the ethernet connection and restarted the computer, the system
    >> beep
    >> persisted. So I came on to this site, and found a way to get rid of the
    >> system beep by using a kellys-korner fix-it plug in. Now no sound plays
    >> when
    >> I get an email, yet the sound plays when I test it by pressing the play
    >> button in control panel, AND the email options is set to "play sound".
    >> What
    >> could be wrong?
    >> Thanks for your help.
    >>

    > Do a system restore to undo what Kellys reg edit did,(this was not your
    > problem)
    > Then change your e/mail notification via "sounds and audio devices" in
    > control panel.
    > Change the sound to whatever you wish.
    > You can find more sounds than you know what to do with here:
    > http://www.incredimail.com/english/help/im/LearnHow_add_S.html

Configuration Connection Ethernet Card Email Windows XP