Sounds - Email Notification

I'm reposting this question, since I haven't gotten a response yet. I'd
really appreciate any help!

After I had connected my computer to an ethernet connection for the first
time, after only previously using a wireless connection, the notification for
new email (outlook) turned into a really annoying system beep. Even after I
unplugged the ethernet connection and restarted the computer, the system beep
persisted. So I came on to this site, and found a way to get rid of the
system beep by using a kellys-korner fix-it plug in. Now no sound plays when
I get an email, yet the sound plays when I test it by pressing the play
button in control panel, AND the email options is set to "play sound". What
could be wrong?
Thanks for your help.

Megan R wrote:
> I'm reposting this question, since I haven't gotten a response yet.
> I'd really appreciate any help!

I don't mean to be rude, Megan, but you really need to learn to have a
little patience. This is a peer-to-peer newsgroup, not Microsoft, and you
have waited fewer than 12 hours - it could take a couple of days for the
correct person to see your question.

Please have patience...

map

"Megan R" wrote:

> I'm reposting this question, since I haven't gotten a response yet. I'd
> really appreciate any help!
>
> After I had connected my computer to an ethernet connection for the first
> time, after only previously using a wireless connection, the notification for
> new email (outlook) turned into a really annoying system beep. Even after I
> unplugged the ethernet connection and restarted the computer, the system beep
> persisted. So I came on to this site, and found a way to get rid of the
> system beep by using a kellys-korner fix-it plug in. Now no sound plays when
> I get an email, yet the sound plays when I test it by pressing the play
> button in control panel, AND the email options is set to "play sound". What
> could be wrong?
> Thanks for your help.

Do a system restore to undo what Kellys reg edit did,(this was not your
problem)
Then change your e/mail notification via "sounds and audio devices" in
control panel.
Change the sound to whatever you wish.
You can find more sounds than you know what to do with here:
http://www.incredimail.com/english/help/im/LearnHow_add_S.html

kelly

This was not related at all, Megan. Hope you get it resolved soon and good
luck!

--
In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/

All the Best,