Blu-Ray drive...true HD?

Im buying some Bose speakers for my PC in the next few months and thought it would be beneficial to upgrade my DVD drive to a Blu-Ray/DVD combo to watch in HD aswell as get great sound. I was talking to a friend and he said that there isn't any software (or very little) that actually plays full HD films.

Is this true or is he bullshiting?
6 answers Last reply
More about drive true
  1. I bet you didnt know they could pile it that high and make it walk and talk ...
    Yeah, he's a bit out of the loop.
  2. I don't know what the current line-up is but I'm running PowerDVD 8 Ultra. This will play blu-rays ay 1920x1080, which is 1080p (I think it is anyway). I would make sure you have a display capable of displaying it or it isn't worth getting it.
  3. Hi :)

And make sure you buy a RETAIL drive WITH SOFTWARE as a cheaper oem wont have any B/R software and you wont be watching any B/R`s...

All the best Brett :)
  4. I got a 24inch full HD monitor connected to my graphics card with DVI. So just buy a retail drive that comes with software? and it will be fine
  5. thanks btw
  6. nrm123 said:
    I got a 24inch full HD monitor connected to my graphics card with DVI. So just buy a retail drive that comes with software? and it will be fine

Hi :)

Yes :)

All the best Brett :)
Ask a new question

Read More

HD Blu-ray Components