8390 reboot when ringtone downloaded with Oxygen

Last response: in Brands
July 28, 2004 11:49:00 AM

Anyone have a good method to move a ringtone to an 8390
from an 8290?

I pulled the ringtones from my old 8290 with Oxygen,
but when I try to download one of them into an 8390,
the phone reboots -
Anonymous
July 29, 2004 10:07:42 AM

mat_waites@hotmail.com (Mat Waites) wrote in message news:<45bcc979.0407280649.26429bff@posting.google.com>...
> Anyone have a good method to move a ringtone to an 8390
> from an 8290?
>
> I pulled the ringtones from my old 8290 with Oxygen,
> but when I try to download one of them into an 8390,
> the phone reboots -

This problem may take place, if you trying to upload tones to Nokia
8390 by technological cable or when you are trying to upload tones
directly in 'List' mode with certain firmware versions.

Try to transfer tones in following way:

1) Connect Nokia 8290
2) Go in 'Ringtones' section
3) Switch in 'List' mode
4) Save tones in .rtx format
5) Connect Nokia 8390
6) Go in 'Ringtones' section
7) Switch in 'Edit' mode
8) Load tone from .rtx file
9) Press 'Write to phone' button- the first one on upper toolbar

This will drop .rtx melody to your phone as incoming message. Just
open it on your phone and choose, whether to playback tone or to save
it in your standard tone's list.

If you will have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
info@oxygensoftware.com
http://www.opm-2.com/
http://www.oxygensoftware.com/
Anonymous
July 29, 2004 8:21:02 PM

support@opm-2.com (Oxygen Software) wrote in message news:<68c0a433.0407290507.7211c827@posting.google.com>...
> mat_waites@hotmail.com (Mat Waites) wrote in message news:<45bcc979.0407280649.26429bff@posting.google.com>...
> > Anyone have a good method to move a ringtone to an 8390
> > from an 8290?
> >
> > I pulled the ringtones from my old 8290 with Oxygen,
> > but when I try to download one of them into an 8390,
> > the phone reboots -
>
> This problem may take place, if you trying to upload tones to Nokia
> 8390 by technological cable or when you are trying to upload tones
> directly in 'List' mode with certain firmware versions.
>
> Try to transfer tones in following way:
>
> 1) Connect Nokia 8290
> 2) Go in 'Ringtones' section
> 3) Switch in 'List' mode
> 4) Save tones in .rtx format
> 5) Connect Nokia 8390
> 6) Go in 'Ringtones' section
> 7) Switch in 'Edit' mode
> 8) Load tone from .rtx file
> 9) Press 'Write to phone' button- the first one on upper toolbar
>
> This will drop .rtx melody to your phone as incoming message. Just
> open it on your phone and choose, whether to playback tone or to save
> it in your standard tone's list.

Thanks for the reply!

I don't see how to save as .rtx - I see .ors and .rt

Any thoughts?

Thanks - Mat
!