Closed Solved

Fx 8350 rendering ?

Hi i was wondering if it is normal for a fx-8350 to take over 3 or 4 hours to render a 21 min video that is 12.7 GBs to a MP4 format using Camtasia ? unfortunatly even when its on high priority it only uses 15-20 percent of my cpu and I'm pretty sure rendering uses a lot of your CPU. after I format it I will use AVS video converter to compress it (hopefully it can read it)

hope you can help or give me some tips.
15 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 8350 rendering
  1. That app must not be well threaded. if its not even using half your cpu to render it probably is only threaded to dual cores, try a software update.
  2. ^^^ +1. It should be quicker.
  3. Something wrong there , takes me less time to do on a dual core laptop with x-9000 cpu !!! Get better software
  4. could you recommend any software ? im hopeing to get fraps soon but i need a good compression and video converter program.
  5. Best answer
    Handbrake is good.
  6. MediaCoder!! A bit complex to use....but very very powerful....can use all 8 cores of your chip.
    Plus, its totatly free !!

PS:- MP4 is only a container format....compressed video quality will depend on which codec you use. For example, the H264/AVC codec can give you the same quality as older DivX\XviD formats, but at just half the file size. Both can be packaged inside an .mp4 container.

I think your current software is trying to encode with the XviD codec. IIRC that codec is not highly multi-threaded. Try switching to H264/AVC and see if it speeds up. :)
  7. a39232 said:
    could you recommend any software ? im hopeing to get fraps soon but i need a good compression and video converter program.

this work ? free , i've used it in the past
    http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html
  8. what format should i use if I would like 2 make it playable on windows media player and upload it to youtube. wouldent MEG4 be a good option ?
  9. I dont have any screen recording software media coder understands it can't use camtaisas's format and i cant use fraps because I can't buy it yet do you know of a program that media coder will support its fille type outfut ?
  10. You could try handbraking the format, handbrake is well threaded. plus its free.
  11. Hey,

I have used: http://www.****/video-dvd-software/video-converter-family.html

I took me around 25 min. to render a 720p video of 30 min. - I did that with a Pentium G860 OC'ed to 3.2 Ghz and with 10 GB memory, but still your FX-8350 should be crushing it!
  12. +1 to Handbrake. Handbrake loves the new fx cpus and I feel it would work the best for you. I use Handbrake for compressing my fraps videos.
  13. verdenshersker said:
    Hey,

I have used: http://www.****/video-dvd-software/video-converter-family.html

I took me around 25 min. to render a 720p video of 30 min. - I did that with a Pentium G860 OC'ed to 3.2 Ghz and with 10 GB memory, but still your FX-8350 should be crushing it!

Wait you overclocked your 860 O.o? BLCK ? and on what board?
  14. well handbrake seems pretty good I tried it still only uses about 50% -70% seems like no rogram can max it out O.o but it looks like handbrake can only read fraps files which why I want to buy it any program can render a WMV. file.
  15. Best answer selected by a39232.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Rendering Video