kernel32 error?

psyclone

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2001
I dont know where i should put this message but here sounds as good as any, I upgraded my computer and formatted my HDD's, re-installed windows and all was fine for a couple of days, after that every program i tried to run caused an error in the kernel32.dll. I thought i must have installed something wrong so i formatted again, then put windows on and once again it worked fine for a couple of days then the same problem, and this time windows reported at startup that had a problem in my registry that could be fixed by running scanreg, so i did that but it didn't work. When i get these errors and i run scandisk, it says that i have all these cross reference memory errors or something and alot of lost clusters Please help me!.
My Computer is:
Athlon-C 1.4 Ghz
Asus A7M266 M/B
256MB PC-2100 MEMORY
HDD-SEAGATE 8GB
QUANTUM 30GB.
onboard sound.
PS: - The first time this happened it tottaly stuffed up my 8GB HDD. It re-labbled it to *_**|| and turned all the files into 3 simmilarly name which was fixed with a scandisk that said i had 1.7GB! of lost clusters. I really need help thx.

<b>What was that!</b> :eek:

psyclone

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2001
i forgot to tell you my Videocard is a Hercules dynamite TNT2 Ultra, and i had a virus PE_FUNLLOVE.4099, but it is not mean't to be harmful according to Nortons virus definitions and i no longer have that virus when i scan my HDD for it.

psyclone

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2001
My CPU is not overclocked, it is running at it's normal speed, my RAM i don't know about, i was reading on these forums that on my motherbaord it sets the voltage to 2.7v which is like overclocking but to out it back to default you need to change jumpers around and it sounded complex, could this cause the problem, i didn't think it would but if it could then i will try and change it back.

G

Well I believe that's nearly an entire volt to high, which could damage the processor among other things such as creating errors. So yes I would say try if you can to lower to the proper voltage. So if the A7M266 is supplying improper voltage rather due to a need of bios update or setting I would do it.

***check the jumpers 1st then check em again***