File Open dialog - making 'List' view the default view

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000,microsoft.public.win2000.setup,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

I'm looking to find a way of changing the default view of the File Open
dialog boxes.

Many lesser apps (not major apps like Word or Excel) simply display the List
view of files when you do a File->Open, ie. you just see the file names but
not the Last Modified Date or the file size. In ofer to see this info you
have to go to the View Menu and then select the Details option.

Is there any global registry setting that will force these simpler apps to
use a List Details view by default?
1 answer Last reply
More about file open dialog making list view default view
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000,microsoft.public.win2000.setup,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

    "John Smith" <a@nonymous.com> wrote in message news:scydnTsdie5yL8vfRVn-2A@igs.net...

    > I'm looking to find a way of changing the default view of the File Open
    > dialog boxes.
    >
    > Is there any global registry setting that will force these simpler apps to
    > use a List Details view by default?

    No, unfortunately, there isn't. The common open/save dialog opens most folders in list mode, My Pictures & My Video in thumbnail.

    Keith

Configuration Default Apps Microsoft Windows XP