MSI HD Radeon 6770 Issues

wschamps42

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2011
Hello, my friend is having problems with newly installed graphics card. it is one of these http://www.msi.com/product/vga/R6770-MD1GD5.html Its a MSI HD Radeon 6770 and we upgraded his PSU from 350W to 700W. I installed these myself, we installed the drivers from MSI's site for the latest versions and everything works fine except when he plays certain games. When he plays these certain games, his screen will freak out. It will flicker black and white or a colored screen, but it always has black bars and the colors change. We un installed the drivers, used driversweeper to completely clean the computer and then re install the drivers. First from MSI's website, then we would use ATI's suit from their site. Now the funny thing is, he can play Diablo III perfectly fine, he has yet to have an issue. Then, when he plays league of legends and Star Wars, the issues occur. So it seems to be game selective. we uninstalled and re installed these games but the issue remains. Other than changing out the card, im not sure what else to do. Any suggestions? Plz and thnx guys!

randomkid

Distinguished

When you install the Catalyst, do you also install the CAP ( catalyst application profile )?

rdc85

Honorable
could u stress the card using synthetic benchmarking software, if it fails or had the same glitch it means the card is broken.

If not it could be the game still had bugs, don't forget to install Application Profile as random said.