Solved

New GW2 Build $900

Hi Guys I am after a cheap gaming build that will play guild wars 2 on high to Max settings
SLI/Crossfire, not need but would like to in the future,
I would prefer AMD for the fact its about $100+ cheaper, but i am open to an intel build

I am from Australia do the websites i have chossen for parts are here, if possible please avoid miss matching between sites
http://arc.com.au/pub.php
http://www.mwave.com.au/timeout.asp

Thanks in advance guys
Edit: I would like the cooler master HAF912 Case, but i am open to suggestions
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about build
  1. Best answer
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($239.00 @ Mwave Australia)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Pro4-M Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($109.00 @ PCCaseGear)
    Memory: GeIL Enhance CORSA 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($55.00 @ Mwave Australia)
    Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.00 @ PCCaseGear)
    Video Card: PowerColor Radeon HD 7850 2GB Video Card ($249.00 @ PCCaseGear)
    Case: Cooler Master Elite 330 Upgraded ATX Mid Tower Case ($45.80 @ Mwave Australia)
    Power Supply: Corsair 500W ATX12V Power Supply ($69.00 @ PCCaseGear)
    Optical Drive: LG GH24NS90 DVD/CD Writer ($22.00 @ PCCaseGear)
    Total: $857.80
    (Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-07-22 05:17 EST+1000)
  2. ScrewySqrl said:
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($239.00 @ Mwave Australia)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Pro4-M Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($109.00 @ PCCaseGear)
    Memory: GeIL Enhance CORSA 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($55.00 @ Mwave Australia)
    Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.00 @ PCCaseGear)
    Video Card: PowerColor Radeon HD 7850 2GB Video Card ($249.00 @ PCCaseGear)
    Case: Cooler Master Elite 330 Upgraded ATX Mid Tower Case ($45.80 @ Mwave Australia)
    Power Supply: Corsair 500W ATX12V Power Supply ($69.00 @ PCCaseGear)
    Optical Drive: LG GH24NS90 DVD/CD Writer ($22.00 @ PCCaseGear)
    Total: $857.80
    (Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-07-22 05:17 EST+1000)


    looks fine...m-mobo tho...
  3. loops said:
    looks fine...m-mobo tho...

    yeah i noticed that and its an extra 10-20 for a none micro just not sure what brands are good and which to avoid
  4. nothing wroing with MicroATX
  5. What ScrewySqrl posted will dominate GW2 pretty handily. The only thing I'd suggest is spending $4 more on memory and getting this memory since you may run into issues if you ever get a larger heatsink for that unlocked CPU.
  6. mousseng said:
    What ScrewySqrl posted will dominate GW2 pretty handily. The only thing I'd suggest is spending $4 more on memory and getting this memory since you may run into issues if you ever get a larger heatsink for that unlocked CPU.

    was thinking of push an extra 10 and getting the http://www.mwave.com.au/sku-37140815-Corsair_Vengeance_8GB(2x_4GB)_Dual_Channel_DDR3_Memory_Kit_DIMM_240_pin_DDR3_160
  7. ScrewySqrl said:
    nothing wroing with MicroATX

    you are right and just did some quick research very nice board will be going with it
  8. Bazuzu said:

    No, that'll have the same problems the GEIL will - the heatsinks are too tall. GSkill Ares has very low heatsinks.
  9. mousseng said:
    No, that'll have the same problems the GEIL will - the heatsinks are too tall. GSkill Ares has very low heatsinks.

    ahh cool, thanks for that bit of info
  10. Best answer selected by Bazuzu.
Ask a new question

Read More

Build Systems