-NOOB- will my pc run this video card?

DeusAres

Distinguished
Yes, given that you're able to go inside and switch out parts. You'll want to make sure that the card will fit inside that case as well as make sure there is an open pci express slot for it. Not only that, but you'll need to make sure your PSU can handle the upgrade. Most prebuilt PCs are shipped with a terrible choice of PSUs and other parts.

Other than that, I know that the gtx 550ti will do just fine with the AMD processor. No bottlenecks should occur. You'll just need to check those other things I mentioned above.

Good luck!

krazykarl925

Honorable
Jul 17, 2012
The most glaring problem actually isn't even if it has a slot it's actually that the power supply isn't big enough under load a GTX 550 uses 248 watts of power and the computer comes with a 300 watt power supply. Even idle the card uses 139 watts, so before you can even think about putting that card in you would need to upgrade the power supply.

It does have a x16 slot available in the motherboard for plugging in a seperate video card however.

^^ oops beat me to it

G

sorry i was replying to the other guy,but what power supply do you recommend and how much will it cost?