ACER Aspire 5750z-4835

Solution
I couldn't find much on Acer's website, maybe I missed it I don't know but from what I saw it seems like the only CPU that will work is the Pentium B940/B950. OEM computers are pretty limited and laptops are even more limited in most cases even if you can upgrade the CPU it really isn't worth it because the performance gain is small.
I couldn't find much on Acer's website, maybe I missed it I don't know but from what I saw it seems like the only CPU that will work is the Pentium B940/B950. OEM computers are pretty limited and laptops are even more limited in most cases even if you can upgrade the CPU it really isn't worth it because the performance gain is small.

Solution
Yes they have the same name but are two compleatly different CPU's. The Pentium 4 was based on the Netburst micro Architecture and it was IMO crap. Pentium 4's were really slow and were known for running really hot. The new Pentiums are based on the "new(er)" Core micro architecture which is faster, cooler and more effcient than the Pentium 4's. Each new generation of Intel CPU's have contiuned the Pentium name and have made improvements on the previous generaion. So an Ivy Bridges Pentium G is a million times better than the old Pentium 4's.

MysticFx

Honorable
Dec 2, 2012

Ohh okay, so the Pentium B940 is better than Pentium 4?

Sorry I didn't quite get it.

MysticFx

Honorable
Dec 2, 2012

Okay, thank you. The reason why I asked is because I was thinking of installing Mac OS X on this laptop (for educational purposes only) and I saw a guy on Youtube installing the OS on Pentium 4.

Without seeing the video I don't know but I doubt it was a Pentium 4 since you can't put a Pentium 4 CPU into a Sandy Bridges/ Ivy Bridges socket, which is what your motherboard is using. Anyway if your question was answered please select a best answer so the mods know and can close this thread.