Sign in with
Your question

Streaming games

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 29, 2012 12:27:16 AM

Hey guys I was just wondering I have 2 6850s in crossfire and Im using Xsplit to stream the game. I also have 2 monitors so I have diablo 3 in full screen windowed mode so I can go between my 2 screens. My questions is I read some where that in windowed mode crossfire does not work, so if it doesnt work its pointless having my 2 screens plugged into one card ? Would it be better if I plug in one screen to one graphic card and the other screen the my second graphic card ? Would this make my stream better and would it be more fluid running different applications on each screen, such as having the game open on one screen than having web brower and xsplit run on my second screen ?

Reason Im asking is because when I click out of the full screen windowed game you can see that it lags, and slows down until I click back into it so Im wondering If I disable crossfire and connect each screen to separate cards if it will be smoother.

What you experts think ?

More about : streaming games

a c 170 U Graphics card
May 29, 2012 1:20:25 AM

You can't use Crossfire if both graphics cards are used as outputs.

On the other hand, Diablo 3 can play at full quality on an HD6850 so maybe you could run the game with one card and use the other card for your separate monitor.

I can't speak specifics as I don't even have this Xsplit program.

I guess you'll have to experiment.
m
l
May 29, 2012 1:39:48 AM

Thanks, and yes I know I cant use crossfire if I use both cards as output but Im wondering if having crossfire disabled be better since Im running two monitors. I guess like you said Ima have to play around and see whats good.
m
l
Related resources
May 29, 2012 2:08:10 AM

huntsman said:
Reason Im asking is because when I click out of the full screen windowed game you can see that it lags, and slows down until I click back into it so Im wondering If I disable crossfire and connect each screen to separate cards if it will be smoother.

What you experts think ?

This isnt a crossfire issue. It lags because the settings in the game. Diablo 3 has a background FPS limiter. Go into settings and set it to 60fps or whatever FPS you want and the lag you see will be eliminated.

Whats happening is you click to your other monitor and the game is now in the background the limiter will set the game to be 8fps then so the stream looks like its lagging.
m
l
May 29, 2012 2:24:32 AM

ahhh so thats what it is, I never knew what the background fps was. Thanks dude, Ima give it a try and see how it works.

But does crossfire work in full screen windowed mode ? If it doesnt than might as well connect each card to each monitor. Idk I got to try it out and see how it works.
m
l
May 29, 2012 2:36:23 AM

also just wondering would 4.21mbps upload be enough to stream 1080p, Im looking to try and get a capture card have one computer playing the game and the other one streaming, if thats possible. Currently on just my pc I can stream 720p at 30fps with no lag but with the 1080p I need to play around with some settings to figure it out. Took me like 2 hours to figure out the right setting for 720p and 30fps just because it was a trial and error.
m
l
!