Solved

A10-5800k w/ dual hd 6670

I have an A-10 5800k along with an XFX hd6670 2gb...am I able to add another XFX hd 6670 with crossfire?...this is the first computer I've built....and I'm trying to figure out what my best graphics options are...I'm intending on using this as primarily a gaming pc...any help would be great...I'm still within my 30 day window to return my 6670 so that's also an optio
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 5800k dual 6670
  1. Best answer
    Revbri said:
    I have an A-10 5800k along with an XFX hd6670 2gb...am I able to add another XFX hd 6670 with crossfire?...this is the first computer I've built....and I'm trying to figure out what my best graphics options are...I'm intending on using this as primarily a gaming pc...any help would be great...I'm still within my 30 day window to return my 6670 so that's also an optio

Yes but it's kind of pointless. If you are crossfiring the APU integrated graphics with a dedicated 6670 than that is it. If you add another 6670 then the hybrid crossfire will be deactivated wich will leave you with an APU which has weak CPU core and two low-end video cards crossfired which can lead to performance problems. You are better off keeping the APU with the 6670 in hybrid crossfire than going with the APU with two low end video cards.
  2. Best answer selected by Revbri.
  3. Thanks that's what I'll do then...I'm learning as I go with all this
  4. Revbri said:

hi, i saw your post and i wanted to ask you how did you manage to crossfire A-10 APU with hd6670? could you help me out?
  5. Reykan said:
    Revbri said:

hi, i saw your post and i wanted to ask you how did you manage to crossfire A-10 APU with hd6670? could you help me out?

I had to download a dashboard from AMD and that led me to being able to do it...if you look through your manual for your mobo on how to crossfire it will lead you to the right name for the dashboard you have to download I can't remember it now and my computer is 4 hours away so I can't look again...I will be back to it in about 2 weeks...I'm sure you need this info before that but I'll look when I get home and post regardless
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Crossfire HD