Do AMD graphics drivers work if Intel HD 3000 is installed?

halofan480

Honorable
May 28, 2012
Hello, just built a PC with AMD Radeon 6870 but when i try to dowload the drivers i get an error message saying "other devices detected". could intel HD 3000 be the problem?

fb39ca4

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
You have to plug in your monitor to the 6870, and disable integrated GFX from the BIOS. When you start windows, the screen resolution will be low, and you will have no hardware acceleration, but you can at least get a picture and install the drivers from there.

G

there is no way to "disable" the hd 3000 in the bios. :p

you can choose PEG as the primary display. even though you built the system and didn't use any other card . .try using driver sweeper just to be sure some other graphics isn't screwing things up.

tjs4ever

Honorable
May 17, 2012
I thought driver sweeper wasn't a used piece of software anymore? The last I heard, we were told not to use it at all with windows 7...

Go through your device manager, and programs&features and make sure there are no drivers that don't belong. In fact, remove all display drivers and start fresh. Clean your registy, too. Avoid beta drivers, get only official drivers until everything is sorted.

What motherboard are you using? I can see what I know about its BIOS settings.

My Maximus IV Gene Z has it option mixed with the Virtu settings(You can "disable the HD3000"). It is different for all boards. That said, you can run both cards together just fine.

I had the Intel HD 3000 and a 5870 work just fine at the same time(with and without Virtu).

G

been using driver sweeper since beta tested W7 have no idea why you would be told that . . :(

removing a driver through the device manger does not delete the driver itself. windows will use it again once you reboot.

tjs4ever

Honorable
May 17, 2012
Device Manager: thought maybe the wrong device, or an old device may be listed.

This sounds odd to me - the installer should see the graphics adapter as long as it is properly seated in the pci-e slot. Is he using the proper driver? Try using the driver from disc, if you have, and you can just update it later. Maybe one of those few cases where a vendor-specific driver matters?

Same. It was taken over by another company(used to be guru3d) so is up to date.

http://phyxion.net/item/driver-sweeper.html

Always use the drivers own uninstaller first, then after a restart driver sweeper.

SKR1994

Reputable
Jul 1, 2014
guys it is very very simple,, after setting the catalyst with high performance,, try running the game in lower compatibility,, i.e.,in windows 7 mode or just trouble shoot the .exe file :)