dual boot XP and Win 98se question

I have an XP professional computer. I also have a Window 98 se computer that
i am having some problem with so i just swapped the drive to my XP. So now i
have 2 seperate drives with two seperate operating systems. Both drives
works properly. Problem is when computer boots up it always do so with XP. I
would like to have the option of both operating system. Can someone suggest
how to edit my boot file below so I can dual boot?

[boot loader]
timeout=30
[operating systems]
Professional" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn

--
http://QLiner.com

The goal of the works of a genius' existance lies only in itself.

Don't think it's that simple as there's drive letter os is currently
installed on to think about. What os is going to end up on D? Is it smart
enough to handle the change from C (as I assume it is now) along with all
the various apps also installed same way? Doubt it.

"stewart allen" <inexpensivepcs@comcast.net> wrote in message
>I have an XP professional computer. I also have a Window 98 se computer
>that i am having some problem with so i just swapped the drive to my XP. So
>now i have 2 seperate drives with two seperate operating systems. Both
>drives works properly. Problem is when computer boots up it always do so
>with XP. I would like to have the option of both operating system. Can
>someone suggest how to edit my boot file below so I can dual boot?
>
> [boot loader]
> timeout=30
> [operating systems]
> multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP
> Professional" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn
>

> --
> http://QLiner.com
>
> The goal of the works of a genius' existance lies only in itself.

On Fri, 8 Apr 2005 21:33:29 -0400, "stewart allen"
<inexpensivepcs@comcast.net> wrote:

>I have an XP professional computer. I also have a Window 98 se computer that
>i am having some problem with so i just swapped the drive to my XP. So now i
>have 2 seperate drives with two seperate operating systems. Both drives
>works properly. Problem is when computer boots up it always do so with XP. I
>would like to have the option of both operating system. Can someone suggest
>how to edit my boot file below so I can dual boot?
>
>[boot loader]
>timeout=30
>default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
>[operating systems]
>multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP
>Professional" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn

Hi Stewart,

Try this:
[boot loader]
timeout=30
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home
Edition" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows 98"
/fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn

With this boot.ini file (don't use the star lines) the computer will boot
to the C:\ drive OS ( Windows XP) unless you choose Windows 98. This is
assuming XP is on the C:\ drive and Win 98 is on the D:\ drive.. The option
will be on the screen for 30 seconds. I think that's too long. Mine is
timeout= 10.

Gene Aker