Sign in with
Your question

Corsair HX850 80 PLUS Silver

Last response: in Components
December 2, 2012 10:30:57 PM

In my country there isn't a great variety of psu's like in the States, Canada or Europe, so the best option right now for my rig I think is the Corsair HX850 80 PLUS Silver. All the reviews I have found qualify this model very well, but all the reviews are from 2009 - 2010, so I'm hesitating if this model is still good for today's expectation of a good and cuality psu. I also read some comments from owners complaining about loud fan noises or "electric" noises. The warranty here is only 1 year so I have to make a very good choice not to choose psu models with high fail ratings.

The rig I planned is Gigabyte Z77X UD5H, i5 3570k, 2 x Asus gtx 660ti DCII OC, 2 x 4gb Ram, Black Caviar 1TB, OCZ Vertex 4 128GB, Cooler Master Haf XM and the Corsair H100i.

Hope you guys can help me, ty! :D 

More about : corsair hx850 silver

a c 307 ) Power supply
December 3, 2012 12:52:19 AM

nytro007 said:
In my country there isn't a great variety of psu's like in the States, Canada or Europe, so the best option right now for my rig I think is the Corsair HX850 80 PLUS Silver. All the reviews I have found qualify this model very well, but all the reviews are from 2009 - 2010, so I'm hesitating if this model is still good for today's expectation of a good and cuality psu. I also read some comments from owners complaining about loud fan noises or "electric" noises. The warranty here is only 1 year so I have to make a very good choice not to choose psu models with high fail ratings.

The rig I planned is Gigabyte Z77X UD5H, i5 3570k, 2 x Asus gtx 660ti DCII OC, 2 x 4gb Ram, Black Caviar 1TB, OCZ Vertex 4 128GB, Cooler Master Haf XM and the Corsair H100i.

Hope you guys can help me, ty! :D 

Hi - that PSU should be fine HX series is just 1 step down from their prof AX series.
If you have Corsair's model # plz post it as the HX 850 I was looking at is gold
rated & the one you are asking about is silver rated.

But, I believe that this is a quality unit nonetheless.

Ah - found it - Jonnyguru (a top PSU review site) gave it an excellent review and 9.6 out of 10

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=w...

m
l
December 3, 2012 1:02:56 AM

Corsair power supplies are good in general and 850 watts should be enough to power the 2 660 TI's. I would say go for it.
m
l
December 3, 2012 2:10:24 AM

I have the HX750 and am very pleased. It is not loud at all (silent enough for me). Usually it has a 7 year warranty which is pretty good. Even if you only get 1 year, the product is high quality. I hope this helps
m
l
Related resources
!