Ihazleetskillz

Honorable
May 29, 2012
Hi i was wondering what the power supply requirements would be for an HD 7850 Crossfire setup. Im thinking about getting myself a custom rig from digitalstormonline. From what i hear they are the best boutique pc seller and i have finally decided to buy from them. The pc im looking at is the ODE V2 Level 1 .(http://www.digitalstormonline.com/comploadode.asp?id=676207)

heres the thing, i want to get it with a better GPU. I want to know if i should just upgrade to the 7870 now and then maybe CF that or if i should just deal with the 7850 then crossfire that later on. Also I want to know what the PSU requirements would be if i were to CF either of these GPUs. Thanks in advance for any advice. :)

Solution
AMD recommends at least a 600w for crossfire of 7850 or 7870, but you might want to at least get a 650w, so you won't have to upgrade later.

They are both good GPUs, it kinda depends on what you plan on using the system for. If you're in the price range of a 7870 you might want to instead consider the GTX 670, which is pretty much the best performance/dollar gpu on the market.

tonync_01

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012
AMD recommends at least a 600w for crossfire of 7850 or 7870, but you might want to at least get a 650w, so you won't have to upgrade later.

They are both good GPUs, it kinda depends on what you plan on using the system for. If you're in the price range of a 7870 you might want to instead consider the GTX 670, which is pretty much the best performance/dollar gpu on the market.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS