Sign in with
Your question

HAF 922 front panel..loose?

Last response: in Components
December 3, 2012 12:49:45 AM

Hey i ordered this case through a foundation called make a wish and when arrived the front panel was loose, as if it hit something during transportation that messed it up.. everything works.. its just the plastic built in "screws" broke so basically the front panel is hanging on by the wires connected to the front panel.. and gravity.

Is there anyway i can secure the front panel on the rest of the case without sending it back?
getting it through make a wish took 8 months to get here.. soo.. i don't really want to do that.. and i WONT do that if i cannot fix this, because since everything works its not a big deal.. its just annoying that everytime i plug something in i have to deal with the front panel almost coming off.

it looks like this

http://www.overclockersclub.com/vimages/cooler_master_h...

tape glue? lol

thanks
a c 155 ) Power supply
December 3, 2012 3:39:11 AM

I can't really see the mounting posts or 'screws' as you call them on the loose top unit that is in the pic. But I had a case that had the front cover break loose. It was mounted with the typical push-posts that snap into holes in the metal case. three of the posts were broke off. I managed to epoxy them back to the front cover and all was well after that. I don't know if that is the same as your situation, but if you try it... buy really good plastic epoxy and let the repaired unit sit for 24 hours to cure.
m
l
December 6, 2012 7:48:14 PM

clutchc said:
I can't really see the mounting posts or 'screws' as you call them on the loose top unit that is in the pic. But I had a case that had the front cover break loose. It was mounted with the typical push-posts that snap into holes in the metal case. three of the posts were broke off. I managed to epoxy them back to the front cover and all was well after that. I don't know if that is the same as your situation, but if you try it... buy really good plastic epoxy and let the repaired unit sit for 24 hours to cure.

the things that held the case down completley broke off all of them :/ 
m
l
!